Nervous!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you everyone. I appreciate all your kind words and thoughts. I got the call from the vet a little bit ago. She has a tumor in the back of her mouth that is in a very difficult place to work with. They are unable to remove it. They are going to do a biopsy and send her home with some pain meds. We will find out the results in 3-5 days and have to decide what is best. My heart is breaking right now.

We are all here for you.... prayers and positive thoughts for you and Babie. Please keep us posted

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I want to say thank you again. This has been a very hard day, with more hard decisions in front of us. Here are some pics of my B home from the vet, still very sedated and Guinevere checking out what's going on. She's not quite sure what's wrong, but there was some extra (gentle) love for the big dog and a little something for mom. It's amazing what they can sense!

Attachments

• WP_20130114_003.jpg
    WP_20130114_003.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 48
  • WP_20130114_004.jpg
    WP_20130114_004.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 51
  • WP_20130114_005.jpg
    WP_20130114_005.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
  • WP_20130114_17_46_55_SmartShoot.jpg
    WP_20130114_17_46_55_SmartShoot.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 46
  • WP_20130114_17_49_25_SmartShoot.jpg
    WP_20130114_17_49_25_SmartShoot.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 44
  • WP_20130114_17_49_54_SmartShoot.jpg
    WP_20130114_17_49_54_SmartShoot.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 46

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So sorry to hear the answer was bad news. Sending prayers your way , keep us posted when the tests come back.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=6418]Tkelley[/MENTION]...I'm so sorry for your sadness & worry...hoping it's nothing more
than infection and a quick cure w/antibiotics. Will be keeping all of you in my
thoughts and prayers...GOD be with you and bless you!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww ..I'm so sorry. We have been in your shoes too many times in our lives. We have loved so deeply so many wonderful critters. Dogs and cats. We've been lucky..like you to have the chance to love them into their senior lives. I've written about this here before but honestly, there is no greater love than having the love of an old soul. They teach us what is important..how to live..love and so sadly how to let go. I'm not saying its her time..but when it does come, you will know and she will know how loved she has been. We will be here and just know..we know what you are going through. :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for the news, It's never easy thinking about one of our loved ones leaving us, but she will always be in your heart. I love the pics especially the one where little G was kissing big sister. It's like she knows she does not feel well.. Please keep us posted.

OP
Tkelley

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I just got the dreaded call from the vet. My B has cancer. I was some what prepared to hear this, but how do you really prepare.. My heart is breaking into a thousand pieces. I'd like to say this is the worst day I have ever had, but I know that day is coming soon - I have to do what is best for her. This is the most horrible decision I've ever had to make. I don't know how to say when it's time. She's herself in so many ways but I can tell it hurts her. I'm not sure how much of the pain is from the stitches in her mouth from the biopsy and how much she is just living with due to the tumor.

L

Lucy-licious

Oh no :( I am so very sorry to hear this. Please know that my heart and prayers are with you all :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just got the dreaded call from the vet. My B has cancer. I was some what prepared to hear this, but how do you really prepare.. My heart is breaking into a thousand pieces. I'd like to say this is the worst day I have ever had, but I know that day is coming soon - I have to do what is best for her. This is the most horrible decision I've ever had to make. I don't know how to say when it's time. She's herself in so many ways but I can tell it hurts her. I'm not sure how much of the pain is from the stitches in her mouth from the biopsy and how much she is just living with due to the tumor.

My heart just breaks for you.... hugs, prayers and PLEASE know we are all thinking of you. Enjoy all the time you can with her and spoil her to your hearts content..... :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
First of all..take a deep breath. I have been right where you stand now. Except I had no warning ..our Rottie started limping one day and since she had a long history of back problems, I assumed this was another. I even took her to her acupuncturist and when limp persisted...THEN to our vet. They took X-rays and there it was..glaring at me..bone cancer. No treatment available and my vet just said..don't wait too long,her bone will break because the cancer eats from inside out and you do NOT want that to happen. I was shocked. I was devastated. We have a family friend that is a vet. I called her just for some honest truths. Yep..my vet was right. She could have 3 weeks or a year. I decided it was up to me to make sure Ana never hurt. Nothing could heal her or my broken heart. Since she was on pain meds for her back,I was stocked up on what I needed. I read and decided I would watch her like a hawk. This horrible disease would NOT make her suffer. I would lie awake at night listening to her breathe and worrying about "when". Just 3 short weeks later..Ana wouldn't get up. We knew it was time. She never cried or showed that she was hurting.
After she had crossed the bridge, We realized just what a gift those short 3 weeks had been. We were able to just love her and make sure she knew how much she was loved. Many do not get that chance.

The thing I guess I want you to hold on to is not the sorrow..but the love. Spend this time enveloping her with your family. She will be one of the lucky ones,surrounded by her family and most importantly loved all the way across the bridge. If I can help..I am here. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.