Mika has a terrible smell

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Yesterday I noticed that I hadn't seen our cat Mika all day. She is usually out and about with a huge appetite. And in my way when on my computer, sticking her butt in my face. She didn't touch any of her food yesterday and has been sleeping in her cube.

This morning when I woke up, that's where she was as well, and she didn't come down for breakfast. I stuck my head in the cube and it smells bad! It smells like someone died. I'm thinking it's her breath. Even my other cat Bubs is like wtf is that smell? And coming up to her and smelling her. Normally he doesn't want anything to do with her.

Overall, she just isn't acting right. I can tell there is something definitely wrong with her.

I'm eagerly awaiting our vet appointment at 5:20 today. Please wish us luck... she's such a daddy's girl. Here is a picture of Mika at our old apartment:

247802_10150204662231310_3648256_n.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I wonder what it could be? did you check inside her mouth in case something is stuck between her teeth? or a bad tooth maybe?

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I wonder what it could be? did you check inside her mouth in case something is stuck between her teeth? or a bad tooth maybe?

I opened her mouth as much as she would let me and it seemed fine, but definite bad breath.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I hope it's just something stuck in her teeth or bad breath!! I'm going through a mouth issue with my big dog.... no fun!

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Update: $415 later, turns out Mika had a 105 degree temperature. They aren't sure what's wrong with her, but they took some blood samples, gave her fluids, medicine, and will call tomorrow as soon as they figure out what the issue is. Please keep us in your thoughts, guys!!

(Her teeth looked fine, they think it's her pancreas)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.