I'm probably driving everyone nuts but I'm a bit worried..

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Lilly's spay site his really red still a bit swollen and it looks like there is a small spot that's not completely closed. I couldn't get a really good pic but have attached the one I could get. She's acting completely normal and almost all the green is gone from the site. Is this all just normal or should I be concerned? Her surgery was saturday.

Also my other female cat has been really weird towards Lilly since her surgery. She's growling at her and if Lilly gets to close Maggie attacks her. They were completely fine before the surgery. Any ideas why she's being that way towards Lilly?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357745872668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357745872668.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 131

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Are you continuing to put an anticeptic cream on it? It doesnt look bad but Im sure someone more experienced than me will comment also... Perhaps one of the Nurses. [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
They didn't give us anything for her except for a few pills which is already gone

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'd get some anticeptic cream to put on it. Nothing prescription, just something from the drugstore... like you'd use on any cuts/scrapes.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sometimes they have an allergy to the suture material. This happened with Jake. The body rejects certain sutures and the skin will pop.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Lilly's spay site his really red still a bit swollen and it looks like there is a small spot that's not completely closed. I couldn't get a really good pic but have attached the one I could get. She's acting completely normal and almost all the green is gone from the site. Is this all just normal or should I be concerned? Her surgery was saturday.

Also my other female cat has been really weird towards Lilly since her surgery. She's growling at her and if Lilly gets to close Maggie attacks her. They were completely fine before the surgery. Any ideas why she's being that way towards Lilly?

Keep it clean and dry, just like Bruce said neosporin will help it if u notice any puss start cleaning it with peroxide!!! Porky had her vulva moved it was between her legs on her belly n it was repositioned to where it should be....long story short her "dissolving" stitches didn't dissolve n they started abscessing!!!! I found one pulled it out ruptured the abscess drained it etc etc so that's also something I would keep a good eye on its been 4 months since her surgery n I just pulled another stitch out this morning!!!!! All in all it looks good if it gets hot or a funny smell to it that usually means infection so that's something else to keep an eye on!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks guys! I will use the neosporin and continue to keep a eye on it.

Shes constantly cleaning herself down there and has wanted to be petted quite a bit which is odd but otherwise shes the wild kitten she was before. The vet that did the surgery actually though she was feral :what: we were hoping to get a few days break from her antics but shes proving nothing will slow her down lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.