Oh No!

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
Okay guys & gals I need some help! First let me apologize if this gets lengthy & not directly being about my EB. I have two Jack Russell Terriers as well as Brutus. My oldest is Mary Kate (about to be 11), then Marlee Mae (about to be 4), and of course my big boy Brutus (six months). My problem is with Marlee. She has always been a diva, very needy, and skitish. You can't raise your voice at all with her or she runs for her life, even if you are not talking to her. We have two living rooms, one of which is formal with burber carpet and we NEVER go in there. There is a couch up against two walls (other furniture as well) Marlee has gotten very possesive with a few toys and started hiding them in between the couch and the wall. She is the only one that can fit there. I always took them out, showed her telling her no, then put them back in the toy basket. Well now....... SHE ATE MY CARPET where she was hiding her toys! :eek: :cursing: :*( I don't mean by a little bit either. I mean all kinds of strings, even chewing up the carpet pad. We measured it last night and it's a 3x4 section. What in gods green earth would posess her to do this? :bitching: I'm not sure if she is suddenly jealous of Brutus? We show her love too :crying: The two JRTs had to go on a diet where they use to always free feed, but they now have a feed time just like Brutus. She also isn't interested in eating, she would rather lay in our bed with her toy and sulk or get attention. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated......as I'm sure this is going to be a $5,000 + doggy problem for us, and a possible health issue for her.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im afraid I can't offer much except sympathy. I would put a baby gate up on that room right away to keep her out of there. Other than that I hope someone with behavior experience sees this. Good Luck!

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]! I'm litterly at a loss :( That poor room has been through h*** and back! Last year I dog sat a Pit Bull that decided my black leather couch was a chew toy.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ate and SWALLOWED? :ohmy: My Jake has eaten many things..including the corners off ALL my Big rugs. We have to remove anything he can and will destroy. I sure hope she is okay..and time for gates is right!

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Just chewed, ripped, tore, demolished only to be spit back out. Super glad she didn't swallow. I'll have to take a picture and upload when I get home

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
They make really wide doggie gates. I have one that stretches 88 inches, so you should be able to gate it off. Just take the gate down when company's coming and you want to use the room. Kennel pens can be used as a gate too. Just make sure it's hinough that the JRT can't jump over it.

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm going to get a gate on my lunch. I just don't understand why she is suddenly doing this at this age. Then wondering if I put up a gate there, is she just going to tear it up somewhere else? Unfortunately she is back in her crate right now while we aren't home. Not sure if I just need to be going back to basics or what

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.