Lilly had her surgery today and.....

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Lilly went in for her spay surgery today. we were really worried about her due to only having one possible heat that we know of and she should still be in it. Well..... the surgery went well BUT the vet was quite confused as he could not find any ovaries. only part of a uterus. he also said she has a bladder infection which is most likely why we thought she was in heat. sooo shes home had her surgery and on antibiotics... He said that that is why she has never been in heat. so now im feeling like it was a waste of a surgery since she would have never had a heat. he removed her uterus and said she did really well. she should be back on her feet pretty quickly. leave it to us to have yet another animal with some type of condition or allergy *shakes head*

heres our dysfunctional family lol

Husband is fine
Me on low carb diet due to sugar
mack ptsd
bub celiac autism
nick pku and cf
Lucas (cat) grain allergy
Maggie (cat) ibs
Lilly missing parts
Tank grain allergy and chicken allergy and well allergies to almost everything
how in the world do we keep getting animals with issues lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Because they find the right family they need

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I'm glad Lilly is home and feeling better. Not really a waste of surgery, why would you want to leave half a uterus? Could cause a problem later, perhaps. Also, that's how you found out about the bladder infection. That could have taken months to figure out. Same thing has happened throughout the ages with all women. Whenever we complain of a pain or whatever, men say we have our "heat." So, it's good that everything is worked out in the end. Feel better, Miss Lilly!

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm glad Lilly is home and feeling better. Not really a waste of surgery, why would you want to leave half a uterus? Could cause a problem later, perhaps. Also, that's how you found out about the bladder infection. That could have taken months to figure out. Same thing has happened throughout the ages with all women. Whenever we complain of a pain or whatever, men say we have our "heat." So, it's good that everything is worked out in the end. Feel better, Miss Lilly!

we are glad its done and that we know why now that she was having no heat i just hate it when any of the animals go under. I was worried all day :(. we were very fearful of cancer due to her being a year and no heat so either way we wouldve found out. and yea it was a blessing to find the bladder infection. we wouldve never thought about that at least not for a while since we thought she was just in heat. we are also very thankful that other than the bladder infection and missing parts shes perfectly healthy. so that is a load off my shoulders.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Listen..I am the Queen of animals with Issues!!! :hmm: In fact..I have Issues myself! :laugh: You did good by having her have the surgery. I can bet that would've been trouble down the road. I am glad she is on the road to a long and happy life!!! :hug:

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Listen..I am the Queen of animals with Issues!!! :hmm: In fact..I have Issues myself! :laugh: You did good by having her have the surgery. I can bet that would've been trouble down the road. I am glad she is on the road to a long and happy life!!! :hug:

the vet said he has never seen this before. so it was probably a very good thing it was done that way we know nothing will come from it but man was it a nerve racking day.

and LOL about being the queen of animals with issues.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Totally agree with all the above comments, and good advice. It was good she had the surgery , as the uterus could have turned cancerous later, and now you don't have that worry, plus she's getting the treatment she needs for her bladder infection. Feel better Lilly, and hope you have a quick recovery. Sending love and prayers your way. Keep us posted on her progress, and give her hugs from us, and lots of extra TLC. Your special needs babies are lucky they all found you, to take care of them, and you are a special and caring person to do this. Good job

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
shes set up in our spare xl dog kennel for the night. we havent decided if were going to let her loose tomorrow or not. vet said we can tomorrow but we do have 2 other cats and Tank is all over her cage so im afraid he might accidentally hurt her so she may be kennel bound for a coupe days. looks like there are no stitches but the area is green im guessing it was from whatever they used in surgery

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.