Chanel has a new friend name Junior

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So we have a new additon to our family. He was found wandering our neighborhood during Hurricane Sandy! Owners never came looking or called shelters! We decided we were keeping him :) Its been a work in progress b/c Brutus is stubborn and wants no part of being nice to him! Chanel is easy she doesnt mind him but at times Brutus gets her going also! We have decided to work with Chanel and Junior first and then slowley try to bring Brutus into the mix. Chanel did AMAZING! Junior was very excited and very good with her! Chanel ignorned him for the most part but she was well behaved! We are getting there slowley! Its beeen difficult trying to keep them separate! Brutus got so mad the other night bc he wanted to come in the living room but it was Juniors turn he peed on my dang bed :cursing: PITA Full effect!

Here are some pictures :)

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Junior.jpg

This is his favorite positon to sleep :)
NewImage.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is a beauty... looks so sweet, congrats and best of luck with the training

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:clap: Roe..he is such a beautiful guy. I just know everything will be ok. Slow and steady and be prepared for setbacks. Just like people melting into new family units, dogs need their defined places. You have such a big heart. I'm pretty sure Junior had a guardian angel leading him to you. :hug:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I don't think I have ever seen a pitbull in a pink hoodie, lol. Your new guy is quite gorgeous. Good luck with the training.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Lucky you and lucky him!! We are in the same situation right now. Lovely Lola was found roaming the streets and she found her fur ever home right here with us. I contacted all local vets, shelters and police station but no one has claimed her. The first two days with her and Ruckus were a little hectic but its going well now. Both dogs just needed to know that we (skin family) are the pack leaders, once we established that its been a cake walk. For now at least lol! I'm sure we'll still have issues from time to time.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356235202.369437.jpg

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh Roe, you know I'm happy that Junior is there in his new home. It's a shame that his owners never came forward, he's just beautiful. But I'm so happy that you guys are able to work with him and hopefully soon Brutus will accept him. Junior reminds me of Orion in his brindle color with Jack's face. I would have kept him too. :luv:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucky you and lucky him!! We are in the same situation right now. Lovely Lola was found roaming the streets and she found her fur ever home right here with us. I contacted all local vets, shelters and police station but no one has claimed her. The first two days with her and Ruckus were a little hectic but its going well now. Both dogs just needed to know that we (skin family) are the pack leaders, once we established that its been a cake walk. For now at least lol! I'm sure we'll still have issues from time to time.View attachment 33053

Same thing here! I was very upset that no one claimed him! I didnt think we could do it b/c the first week was very bad! Brutus was attacking the cage Junior was in and when Brutus was in the cage he attacked from inside! It was bad! We try to take walks and walk them somewhat together and its getting better but lot of work! We are working with Chanel and Junior being together while haning out and its going great (knocking on wood) I know there will be setbacks but we are going to think positive :) Most of Brutus's issues are b/c of me! I am so scared b/c he is very unpredicatable compared to Chanel! SHe is trianed very well! I knew when I got her as a puppy I had to train her well! With Brutus I totlaly slaked :blink: LOL Good Luck with everything

Oh Roe, you know I'm happy that Junior is there in his new home. It's a shame that his owners never came forward, he's just beautiful. But I'm so happy that you guys are able to work with him and hopefully soon Brutus will accept him. Junior reminds me of Orion in his brindle color with Jack's face. I would have kept him too. :luv:

I will admit I was scared it wasnt going to work but Chanel is accepting him and starting to show some attention to him! He is very good with respecting her and letting her warm up! I told hubby I really couldnt belive how well its going with them! He wants very bad to please us :) He iss aweome and I am so happy we found him! I am hoping I can work Brutus out of this! It will take time :) Thanks Jeannie

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: he's so handsome I would of taken him in to he's in a better home now that's fur sure.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think I have ever seen a pitbull in a pink hoodie, lol. Your new guy is quite gorgeous. Good luck with the training.

Thank you! She loves her hoodie :)

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Keep up the hard work, with confidence. They sense our emotions. Walking my two together helped tremendously. I actually looped Lola's leash through Ruckus's. I was so excited with how well they were doing, whenever they act up in the house I leash them up and out we go. Normally when we come back in we're all in a calm state and its so enjoyable.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Roe, walking is really helping my three. We've have started really noticing a change in Wilson in the last few weeks. He's more playful and more lovey. I've been walking all three of them (yep all three at one time) now for the last couple of weeks. I'll also just walk Wilson and Jack and Wilson and Emma together. Don't get me wrong, Wilson still has his triggers and if the 3 combine a fight will break out. My three are: excitement, close proximity and a toy/food. After they opened their secret santa gifts last night, Jack stretched down on the couch to the floor to get a piece of wrapping paper under the coffee table and Wilson was on the floor and was reaching for the same piece at the same time. You got it, a fight under the table. I saw it coming and right as it started I grabbed Wilson's back legs and pulled him back. Now Ace & Orion (my other Pitties at the Bridge) we famous for getting in spats and most the time it was while we were at work. There's too was always excitement (doorbell ringing, etc). They always ended though when we yelled at them. Guess what I'm saying that you already know, lots and lots of hard work should and hopefully will pay off. I have no doubt Wilson will always be set off by his triggers. Get Brutus and Junior out walking together to balance them. :luv: He's just beautiful!

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
He's beautiful. Keep up the good work. Do you take them on pack walks?

Keep up the hard work, with confidence. They sense our emotions. Walking my two together helped tremendously. I actually looped Lola's leash through Ruckus's. I was so excited with how well they were doing, whenever they act up in the house I leash them up and out we go. Normally when we come back in we're all in a calm state and its so enjoyable.

I did with hubby holding Junior and I holding Brutus and Chanel. Brutus kept lunging and barking :eek: With Brutus I belive its all me that sets him off! I dont know his triggers that well and I am very nervous and that he senses. I am working on my confidence with the situation. I decided to work with Chanel first b/c I have confidence wit her! I trained her so well and not so good with Brutus! Chanel and Brutus have no issues at all! They never fight (knocking on wood) She will let him know he did somethig she didnt like and he backs down. with other dogs Brutus doesnt back down! I dont know Juniors triggers yet so it makes me more nervous. I feel working with these 2 big ones first I can gain my confidence

Roe, walking is really helping my three. We've have started really noticing a change in Wilson in the last few weeks. He's more playful and more lovey. I've been walking all three of them (yep all three at one time) now for the last couple of weeks. I'll also just walk Wilson and Jack and Wilson and Emma together. Don't get me wrong, Wilson still has his triggers and if the 3 combine a fight will break out. My three are: excitement, close proximity and a toy/food. After they opened their secret santa gifts last night, Jack stretched down on the couch to the floor to get a piece of wrapping paper under the coffee table and Wilson was on the floor and was reaching for the same piece at the same time. You got it, a fight under the table. I saw it coming and right as it started I grabbed Wilson's back legs and pulled him back. Now Ace & Orion (my other Pitties at the Bridge) we famous for getting in spats and most the time it was while we were at work. There's too was always excitement (doorbell ringing, etc). They always ended though when we yelled at them. Guess what I'm saying that you already know, lots and lots of hard work should and hopefully will pay off. I have no doubt Wilson will always be set off by his triggers. Get Brutus and Junior out walking together to balance them. :luv: He's just beautiful!

Thanks Jeannie! Junior is as we speak playing with Chanel :) They seem to get a long well and respect eachother! Brutus will take time but Im positive we can do this! Once I get some more confidence :) thank you so much for all your help with them!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online