Thread: Chanel has a new friend name Junior

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chanel has a new friend name Junior

Roe, walking is really helping my three. We've have started really noticing a change in Wilson in the last few weeks. He's more playful and more lovey. I've been walking all three of them (yep all three at one time) now for the last couple of weeks. I'll also just walk Wilson and Jack and Wilson and Emma together. Don't get me wrong, Wilson still has his triggers and if the 3 combine a fight will break out. My three are: excitement, close proximity and a toy/food. After they opened their secret santa gifts last night, Jack stretched down on the couch to the floor to get a piece of wrapping paper under the coffee table and Wilson was on the floor and was reaching for the same piece at the same time. You got it, a fight under the table. I saw it coming and right as it started I grabbed Wilson's back legs and pulled him back. Now Ace & Orion (my other Pitties at the Bridge) we famous for getting in spats and most the time it was while we were at work. There's too was always excitement (doorbell ringing, etc). They always ended though when we yelled at them. Guess what I'm saying that you already know, lots and lots of hard work should and hopefully will pay off. I have no doubt Wilson will always be set off by his triggers. Get Brutus and Junior out walking together to balance them. He's just beautiful!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Chanel has a new friend name Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    He's beautiful. Keep up the good work. Do you take them on pack walks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamitch View Post
    Keep up the hard work, with confidence. They sense our emotions. Walking my two together helped tremendously. I actually looped Lola's leash through Ruckus's. I was so excited with how well they were doing, whenever they act up in the house I leash them up and out we go. Normally when we come back in we're all in a calm state and its so enjoyable.
    I did with hubby holding Junior and I holding Brutus and Chanel. Brutus kept lunging and barking With Brutus I belive its all me that sets him off! I dont know his triggers that well and I am very nervous and that he senses. I am working on my confidence with the situation. I decided to work with Chanel first b/c I have confidence wit her! I trained her so well and not so good with Brutus! Chanel and Brutus have no issues at all! They never fight (knocking on wood) She will let him know he did somethig she didnt like and he backs down. with other dogs Brutus doesnt back down! I dont know Juniors triggers yet so it makes me more nervous. I feel working with these 2 big ones first I can gain my confidence

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Roe, walking is really helping my three. We've have started really noticing a change in Wilson in the last few weeks. He's more playful and more lovey. I've been walking all three of them (yep all three at one time) now for the last couple of weeks. I'll also just walk Wilson and Jack and Wilson and Emma together. Don't get me wrong, Wilson still has his triggers and if the 3 combine a fight will break out. My three are: excitement, close proximity and a toy/food. After they opened their secret santa gifts last night, Jack stretched down on the couch to the floor to get a piece of wrapping paper under the coffee table and Wilson was on the floor and was reaching for the same piece at the same time. You got it, a fight under the table. I saw it coming and right as it started I grabbed Wilson's back legs and pulled him back. Now Ace & Orion (my other Pitties at the Bridge) we famous for getting in spats and most the time it was while we were at work. There's too was always excitement (doorbell ringing, etc). They always ended though when we yelled at them. Guess what I'm saying that you already know, lots and lots of hard work should and hopefully will pay off. I have no doubt Wilson will always be set off by his triggers. Get Brutus and Junior out walking together to balance them. He's just beautiful!
    Thanks Jeannie! Junior is as we speak playing with Chanel They seem to get a long well and respect eachother! Brutus will take time but Im positive we can do this! Once I get some more confidence thank you so much for all your help with them!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads