For those with cats

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have another heat question. I think Lilly may be in heat or beginning too. She is out all the time now normally she hides all the time and she is meowing from around 3am -6am and rubbing up against everything including the other two cats and tank and occasionally meowing throughout the day. How do I know if shes in heat and how long does it last? If shes in heat the 5th will they still spay her? Shes scheduled for the 5th at a low cost vet. Hes actually donating his services for her because she has a high probability of cancer due to not having a heat and being a year old. :(

I'm not too concerned about her sneaking outside as my cats associate outside with water (yea we are mean lol) so is it ok to just let her be or should I set up our spare Xl crate for her till this is over just to be safe?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I'm guessing Lilly is a cat. I know the vet won't spay a dog in heat and I know a dog's heat lasts 3 weeks. Google cat heat cycle and you'll know. She sounds like she may be in heat from your description.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
i really hope she can still be spayed. its been put off too many times and i dont like her being a year old and not fixed.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
she is in heat.don't let her out!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

L

Lucy-licious

i really hope she can still be spayed. its been put off too many times and i dont like her being a year old and not fixed.

i had one day of the meowing and couldn't stand the racket...I took her to the vet the next day and she was safely spayed :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..they will spay in heat. It's harder for the vet because of ahem...swelling. But I'm with [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]! It's so obnoxious! :bang:

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
she is in heat.don't let her out!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

The cats are afraid to cross the thresh hold of any doors leading outside if a doors open they will purposely go way around it if they have to pass it. As kittens we left the outer doors open and sprayed them with the hose when they got close to going out. They now associate it with water. So I'm not too concerned about her getting out I'm more concerned about the heat. I've never dealt with it so this is new to me

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ok probably dumb question but uhh do i need to worry about Tank (my eb) and the cat getting too friendly??????? Lilly keeps rubbing on him and he keeps sniffing her butt and nibbling her down there :ashamed:. should i confine her???

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Whelp someone is gonna have to be pinned during this crap. Lilly was on my bed when she jumped down tank jumped up and peed where she was laying:banghead: :mad:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It certainly sounds like she's in heat. There is increased risk if they are spayed whilst they are in heat, because they could bleed out. If it were my cat I'd wait until I knew the heat had finished.

Also, the "urges" that come with them being on heat might overtake any fear of water ... so I wouldn't be so sure that she's not going to try and get outside to find a "boyfriend" ....... :blink:

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It certainly sounds like she's in heat. There is increased risk if they are spayed whilst they are in heat, because they could bleed out. If it were my cat I'd wait until I knew the heat had finished.

Also, the "urges" that come with them being on heat might overtake any fear of water ... so I wouldn't be so sure that she's not going to try and get outside to find a "boyfriend" ....... :blink:

*sigh* I was hoping since she went a year without going into heat that she wouldn't for at least a couple more weeks :(. We are really considering crating her during the day and letting her out at night when tank is in his own crate although we are concerned about him marking where she was laying. He got a early bed time because of it.. we have a spare Xl crate in the garage so she would have plenty of room for litter box, food and water and to be able to move around. At this point I'm thinking it might be our best option for her safety and our sanity....... and that way we will know she don't accidently get out of the house...

I'm going to call the vet that's doing her spay in the morning and see what he suggests about her surgery the 5th

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
*sigh* I was hoping since she went a year without going into heat that she wouldn't for at least a couple more weeks :(. We are really considering crating her during the day and letting her out at night when tank is in his own crate although we are concerned about him marking where she was laying. He got a early bed time because of it.. we have a spare Xl crate in the garage so she would have plenty of room for litter box, food and water and to be able to move around. At this point I'm thinking it might be our best option for her safety and our sanity....... and that way we will know she don't accidently get out of the house...

I'm going to call the vet that's doing her spay in the morning and see what he suggests about her surgery the 5th

Better to be safe .. than sorry!! :yes:

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Thanks guys for the replys. Shes been meowing all evening. My son said shes singing jingle bells lol. My daughter was completely appalled that tank was licking the cats butt and said he needs a counselor... oh the joys of animals and kids lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.