Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
This is how skinny she is

Jade013_zps83e6a125.jpg

She is taking baby steps with the other dogs. Tank ran into her crate and she followed behind him....they were in there for a few seconds then Tank made a snuffling noise and scared her so she started barking at him. Lol
Ohhhh poor girl. That's exactly how skinny Jack was when we got him. He was so skinny even his bunghole was protruding. I hope they all get all soon. She looks like she's going to be a beauty though.

:angelheart:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Whew...she really is a spooky girl! Last night my daughter was charging through the house (breaking my house rules because we do not run in here!) and she tripped and fell, landing near the foster...the foster got scared and caught her with either a foot or a tooth and my daughter had a red raised mark on her cheek. I made foster dog come to me and sit then lie down so she knew I was taking control of the situation. She did try to go see why my daughter was crying :crying:
As a mom I felt horrible because I understand the reaction...scared dog thought daughter was coming to get her, but I wish I would have snagged my daughter before she got close to the dog...she's 3 so she tests my limits often!

So...two steps forward and about three steps back. Taking a deep breath and rethinking our strategy with foster dog. She will have to just stay in whatever room I'm in with a baby gate up so we don't have anymore scary situations. Hopefully in a month or so when she's used to us and the house we can go back to free range. Bleh...we've never had a foster dog that was scared of the kids...and basically everything. Hope I made the right decision in doing this!

Jade_zps94d0e3e2.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Whew...she really is a spooky girl! Last night my daughter was charging through the house (breaking my house rules because we do not run in here!) and she tripped and fell, landing near the foster...the foster got scared and caught her with either a foot or a tooth and my daughter had a red raised mark on her cheek. I made foster dog come to me and sit then lie down so she knew I was taking control of the situation. She did try to go see why my daughter was crying :crying:
As a mom I felt horrible because I understand the reaction...scared dog thought daughter was coming to get her, but I wish I would have snagged my daughter before she got close to the dog...she's 3 so she tests my limits often!

So...two steps forward and about three steps back. Taking a deep breath and rethinking our strategy with foster dog. She will have to just stay in whatever room I'm in with a baby gate up so we don't have anymore scary situations. Hopefully in a month or so when she's used to us and the house we can go back to free range. Bleh...we've never had a foster dog that was scared of the kids...and basically everything. Hope I made the right decision in doing this!

Jade_zps94d0e3e2.jpg

so glad your little girl only got a scrap and not anything worse. You have good istints and are taking control -- she will settle in just stick with your plan to give her the time she needs to warm up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.