Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excited, New Foster Dog Coming Soon!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Excited, New Foster Dog Coming Soon!

Poor sweet girl. I'm so glad you have her.....

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member DesertBum's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Xena
    Likes (Received)

She will be a good looking doggie when she gets some meat on those bones. I'm sure after a while all of your kids will become great friends.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Oh she is a beauty with her all black coat! Thanks for helping her and giving her love she probably never had before
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    This is how skinny she is

She is taking baby steps with the other dogs. Tank ran into her crate and she followed behind him....they were in there for a few seconds then Tank made a snuffling noise and scared her so she started barking at him. Lol
    Ohhhh poor girl. That's exactly how skinny Jack was when we got him. He was so skinny even his bunghole was protruding. I hope they all get all soon. She looks like she's going to be a beauty though.

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Whew...she really is a spooky girl! Last night my daughter was charging through the house (breaking my house rules because we do not run in here!) and she tripped and fell, landing near the foster...the foster got scared and caught her with either a foot or a tooth and my daughter had a red raised mark on her cheek. I made foster dog come to me and sit then lie down so she knew I was taking control of the situation. She did try to go see why my daughter was crying :crying:
    As a mom I felt horrible because I understand the reaction...scared dog thought daughter was coming to get her, but I wish I would have snagged my daughter before she got close to the dog...she's 3 so she tests my limits often!

So...two steps forward and about three steps back. Taking a deep breath and rethinking our strategy with foster dog. She will have to just stay in whatever room I'm in with a baby gate up so we don't have anymore scary situations. Hopefully in a month or so when she's used to us and the house we can go back to free range. Bleh...we've never had a foster dog that was scared of the kids...and basically everything. Hope I made the right decision in doing this!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    Whew...she really is a spooky girl! Last night my daughter was charging through the house (breaking my house rules because we do not run in here!) and she tripped and fell, landing near the foster...the foster got scared and caught her with either a foot or a tooth and my daughter had a red raised mark on her cheek. I made foster dog come to me and sit then lie down so she knew I was taking control of the situation. She did try to go see why my daughter was crying :crying:
    As a mom I felt horrible because I understand the reaction...scared dog thought daughter was coming to get her, but I wish I would have snagged my daughter before she got close to the dog...she's 3 so she tests my limits often!

So...two steps forward and about three steps back. Taking a deep breath and rethinking our strategy with foster dog. She will have to just stay in whatever room I'm in with a baby gate up so we don't have anymore scary situations. Hopefully in a month or so when she's used to us and the house we can go back to free range. Bleh...we've never had a foster dog that was scared of the kids...and basically everything. Hope I made the right decision in doing this!

so glad your little girl only got a scrap and not anything worse. You have good istints and are taking control -- she will settle in just stick with your plan to give her the time she needs to warm up
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads