"Harley" King of the Castle

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
These photos are of our amazing Maine Coon Cat "Harley" He was 12 last April and at the age of 10 he had to "welcome":crying: the first ever dog into his royal surroundings, and a puppy at that. It was not good for quite some time and both my sons were so mad at me that I "could do such a terrible thing to "Mr. Fur" Well, Mr. Fur has established boundries for Dublin. Not that she listens all the time..:nope: She just wants to love on him and "doesn't get it" We found Harley at a breeder in Oconomowoc which is just outside Milwaukee as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] probably know it well... and called him after the home of "Harley Davidson" He brings with him such wonderful memories of the short time we lived in WI.

He likes to sit in my big purse by my desk and beg for the milk at the end of my cereal and then sniffs it and doesn't have any. He has been doing it for years.......

He weighs 20lb and is too skinny for the breed as he was diagnosed with Diabetes a few months back. He is getting back to himself and we hope to have him in our lives for many years to come. I think you will all agree he is quite the handsome boy.. harely1.jpgharely2.jpgharley3.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Harley is a cutie! Glad he adapted, even if begrudgingly to the interloper.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Harley rocks. Glad to here he's keeping the dog in it's place. Ya got to have cats to do that for you.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Harley rocks. Glad to here he's keeping the dog in it's place. Ya got to have cats to do that for you.

Thanks :) He was my husband's pride and joy until Dublin came along. Now he has divided loyalty :laugh: I love the way he looks at Dublin as if to say "I'll scratch those eyes out if you come any further" and still look so sweet at the same time...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Such a pretty kitty!!! When we got our first dog about 9 years ago .. CoCo ... I had cats, and Coco was so small because she was a shih-tzu poodle mix, well they all just accepted each other. One by one the cats passed away, and the number of dogs increased. Yet every time we introduced a new dog they just followed the status quo .. which is that the cats and dogs all think they are the same species.

When we moved to USA five years ago we brought our one remaining cat, Angel, over with us and our two dogs. Angel is still with us and as our two dogs grew to eight dogs, each dog would accept Angel as a member of the pack. And Angel accepted every new dog as another new fluffy thing to cuddle up with or beat the :poo: out of ... depending on how he felt when he woke up in the morning!!! :ROFL:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Such a pretty kitty!!! When we got our first dog about 9 years ago .. CoCo ... I had cats, and Coco was so small because she was a shih-tzu poodle mix, well they all just accepted each other. One by one the cats passed away, and the number of dogs increased. Yet every time we introduced a new dog they just followed the status quo .. which is that the cats and dogs all think they are the same species.

When we moved to USA five years ago we brought our one remaining cat, Angel, over with us and our two dogs. Angel is still with us and as our two dogs grew to eight dogs, each dog would accept Angel as a member of the pack. And Angel accepted every new dog as another new fluffy thing to cuddle up with or beat the :poo: out of ... depending on how he felt when he woke up in the morning!!! :ROFL:

It took a long time for the "acceptance" from Harley and it really is only him being as tolerant as he can. At 10 years at the time and having to share his space with this ever moving puppy was a big deal for him. Dublin just want to be his buddy. Ain't never happening :nope: and now we are considering a rescue EB... Harley may leave home at that point...:rofl:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Harley's beautiful! That's an old age to have his first puppy come into his life. How much does a Maine Coon cat normally weigh if 20 lbs is on the skinny side. He looks cozy in your purse. :laugh:

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Harley's beautiful! That's an old age to have his first puppy come into his life. How much does a Maine Coon cat normally weigh if 20 lbs is on the skinny side. He looks cozy in your purse. :laugh:

Yes, poor guy. It was not easy for him but I have to say that Dublin was never agressive towards him or didnt' chase him. She was just inquisitive. A Male Maine Coon can weigh anywhere from 15-25lb. Very "dog" like in nature. He will do that to any purse that he finds on the floor.:D

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
I am a HUGE cat fan, with 2 of my own. They will always rule the roost, and have accepted the dog cautiously. After almost a month, life is pretty normal and they don't seem pissed or anything. Now, if I had brought in another cat... :nope: It would have gotten real up in here!

Beautiful cat. Maine Coons are soooo cute I can't stand it.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I am a HUGE cat fan, with 2 of my own. They will always rule the roost, and have accepted the dog cautiously. After almost a month, life is pretty normal and they don't seem pissed or anything. Now, if I had brought in another cat... :nope: It would have gotten real up in here!

Beautiful cat. Maine Coons are soooo cute I can't stand it.

could never think of bringing another cat in for sure...... "Mr Fur" is the one and only :yes: They are kinda like bullies.. Once you have had one you just couldn't think of never having another...:D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.