Anyone have an Oscar - or catfish?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I have a oscar named "Fin Diesel" and two catfish. The one I just got is named "Spot" the other has been around a couple of years, and I just call him "big guy"

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
I had an Oscar with 2 arwana's and a dragon fish, all in a 150gal aquarium, wish I can scan pics of them.

L

Lucy-licious

Er come on!! You know the drill [MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] :pics:

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] how silly of me to forget that?!! LOL

here are the fin kids

Spot is shy and won't come out of his cave (you can barely see him in the pic below). I got him as a playmate for Big Guy when he lost his best buddy a couple of months ago. What was so sad was that Big Guy was the first one sick and the one who died was trying to take care of him - but then she died :( So I'm waiting for Spot to get a little bigger before putting them in the same take so Big Guy wont eat him!

DSC00440.jpg

Big Guy is very shy too, he's trying to hide in the plant, but you can clearly see him LOL

DSC00442.jpgDSC00443.jpg

Fin Diesel is very much in your face, especially if he thinks you have food. He's already jumped out of the tank. He's still a baby and I've had him since earlier this year.

DSC00437.jpgDSC00435.jpg

L

Lucy-licious

ahhh!! I was wondering what an Oscar looked like...very handsome I must say :D I love fish, but am no good with them. I struggled with a tank of goldfish :(

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No oscars or cat fish. We have koi some of which we have shown, fancy goldies that we breed and show, and breed albino long finned bristle nosed plecostomus.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
No oscars or cat fish. We have koi some of which we have shown, fancy goldies that we breed and show, and breed albino long finned bristle nosed plecostomus.

That's pretty cool! I've never been to a fish show and never realized until recently how popular koi were.
Do you know much about porcupine puffers? I think they are brackish or saltwalter. I was thinking about getting some of those until Herman's breeder told me she spent over $20K trying to maintain a saltwater tank.... so I'll stick with the catfish LOL I dont really know how to take care of them, my husband does.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I dont know much about the fish other than the ones we have. But, I think puffers are generally considered aggressive.
Im an advisor on a goldfish site tho.. LOL

Last edited:
OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I have what I think is a goldfish, named Goldie. She is a "survivor" of the group of feeders we got for Big Guy LOL We just let her hang around because she was never eaten. I think Fin Diesel may be biting off her scales though... she might not even be a goldfish, but she is goldish looking.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION], we maintain a 75 gallon salt water tank and have for almost two years, we have a porcupine puffer in our tank named Pork.

porcupine-fish-puffer_zps05674054.jpg

We also have a Northern something or other puffer, damsels, a snowflake eel names Snow, lol. Anyway we have about 13 different kinds of exotic fish all aggressive. It is beautiful to look at like a piece of art. VERY expensive to get started, just with the live rock. But this last year has been easier, just cleaning, water change outs and cleaning.

P.S.----This is Not a picture of MY Pork, it is just a picture of what he looks like. They get real nervous when I take pictures, I have some somewhere I am going to go look through my files.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
@elearn, we maintain a 75 gallon salt water tank and have for almost two years, we have a porcupine puffer in our tank named Pork.

We also have a Northern something or other puffer, damsels, a snowflake eel names Snow, lol. Anyway we have about 13 different kinds of exotic fish all aggressive. It is beautiful to look at like a piece of art. VERY expensive to get started, just with the live rock. But this last year has been easier, just cleaning, water change outs and cleaning.

P.S.----This is Not a picture of MY Pork, it is just a picture of what he looks like. They get real nervous when I take pictures, I have some somewhere I am going to go look through my files.

I love their little faces!!!!! They just look like they are smiling at you and follow you around!!!!! I hope you find your pics soon!
Was it difficult to get started with the saltwater aquarium?? Perhaps a small one with just two porcupine puffers...? I'd probably be afraid of eels :(

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
my daughter had fresh water puffers. loved them. fed them shrimp they left all the other fish alone as long as they didnt miss a feeding :ashamed:. unfortunately we got a illness in the tank that wiped out the majority of her fish. she had sharks, puffers, angel fish and oscars. now she has her plecostamus, a blind fish (it has no eyes its just how they are), and a zebra fish and thats it. :(. one of these days ill make it to the fish stores and re populate her tank.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online