Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have an Oscar - or catfish?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone have an Oscar - or catfish?

​WHOAAAAAA! That scurred me @KMARINO!!!!

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @elearn, we maintain a 75 gallon salt water tank and have for almost two years, we have a porcupine puffer in our tank named Pork.

We also have a Northern something or other puffer, damsels, a snowflake eel names Snow, lol. Anyway we have about 13 different kinds of exotic fish all aggressive. It is beautiful to look at like a piece of art. VERY expensive to get started, just with the live rock. But this last year has been easier, just cleaning, water change outs and cleaning.

P.S.----This is Not a picture of MY Pork, it is just a picture of what he looks like. They get real nervous when I take pictures, I have some somewhere I am going to go look through my files.
    I love their little faces!!!!! They just look like they are smiling at you and follow you around!!!!! I hope you find your pics soon!
    Was it difficult to get started with the saltwater aquarium?? Perhaps a small one with just two porcupine puffers...? I'd probably be afraid of eels

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

my daughter had fresh water puffers. loved them. fed them shrimp they left all the other fish alone as long as they didnt miss a feeding . unfortunately we got a illness in the tank that wiped out the majority of her fish. she had sharks, puffers, angel fish and oscars. now she has her plecostamus, a blind fish (it has no eyes its just how they are), and a zebra fish and thats it. . one of these days ill make it to the fish stores and re populate her tank.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@elearn you should have mentioned this during our play date I could talk for hours about fish, I worked at a tropical fish store for 5 years when I was younger. I lost my entire tank(72 bowfront) during the power outage with the exception of one pleco, an african knife fish, and a cory cat. All together it was about a grand in African Cichlids, catfish, and plecos, including a breeding pair of yellow labs which I was super bummed about. Just cleaned it out yesterday and added an under gravel filter. Tried to claim the loss on the home owners and got laughed at. If you are going to get salt water make sure you have a generator or have exotic pet insurance on your home owners policy.

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    @elearn you should have mentioned this during our play date I could talk for hours about fish, I worked at a tropical fish store for 5 years when I was younger. I lost my entire tank(72 bowfront) during the power outage with the exception of one pleco, an african knife fish, and a cory cat. All together it was about a grand in African Cichlids, catfish, and plecos, including a breeding pair of yellow labs which I was super bummed about. Just cleaned it out yesterday and added an under gravel filter. Tried to claim the loss on the home owners and got laughed at. If you are going to get salt water make sure you have a generator or have exotic pet insurance on your home owners policy.

I saw it, but I didnt look at it in detail I didnt realize it was a saltwater tank.

Do you know much about the cute little porcupine puffers?

Have you gotten more fish yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads