Giving cats pills??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I dropped our cat Jester the Siamese, off this morning at our vets, by tomorrow when I pick him up HE will be missing a couple of things, :*(...He will be sent home with some pain pills. How do you give your cat pills? I have got it down right giving Vegas his pills, piece of cheese and he is good to go. I don't think I have ever had to give a cat a pill. Thank You for your suggestions.

L

Lucy-licious

With OJ I just do the same as you do for Vegas and give the pill in cheese. Bailey however is crafty and she will eat the cheese and spit the pill...even when I tried cream cheese. With her I wrap her in a towel, so she doesnt get me with those needle sharp claws, stick the pill as far down her throat as possible, clamp her mouth shut before she flicks the pill back up and massage her throat until I think its gone. The hardest part of this scenario is letting her go without getting scratched or bitten :ROFL: but TBH...I dont think he'll need or want the pills...he#ll probably dissapear and sulk somewhere till he feels better and before you know it he'll be up on top of the cabinets like his normal self :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I only take liquid meds for cats..and even that is a challenge! They do make pill shooters! They shoot the pill past the teeth and they use them at the vets. I'd request liquid. :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They make a pill dispenser for pets, it looks like a straw with a little plunger you press with your thumb. I think you can get them at pet stores.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
its no fun, prepare for scratches, but just push it down the gullet *plop!*

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Okay....this is just for funny sake but it's circulated around the internet and I couldn't help it with the title of this thread....

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from yard.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink one beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the friggin' cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13. Tie the dang thing's front paws to rear paws with twine and bind tightly to leg of dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room and sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for Humane Society to collect mutant cat from **** and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to Give a Dog a Pill 1. Wrap it in bacon

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] That's too funny and about true. :2thumbs:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] :clap2::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:...I will ask for liquid [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], but they told me this morning he would have pain pills. Vegas was already fixed when we got him so it has been years since I had an animal that was fixed. I hope he does OK. I called the vet and they said he was doing wonderful and got though the surgery well. I pick him up in the morning. Wonder why they keep them overnight, I have seen so many post where people get their bully's fixed and pick them up the same day??? I never even questioned why 24 hours. I will in the morning...

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
They keep them 24 hours to get at least one or two doses of meds into them. :) Rolling on the floor after reading the "How To" post. Think I'll just stick with dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.