Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
On Tuesday I went to the market on my way home from work, so I had Sophie (Weimaraner) with me because she comes to work with me on Tuesday's. Anyways, I cracked the sun roof and the windows and got my grocery bags out of the tail gate and proceeded into the store....
Well I guess I didn't remember to shut the tail gate because while I was in the produce department there was a commotion in the front of the store. I wasn't too interested in the commotion until I heard someone say "catch that dog"...good grief I spotted Sophie a second before she spotted me and did a 30 yard dash through the floral and produce department to get me...
She probably waited 5 or more minutes before exiting the car when she realized I really left the back open and then it's only a few steps to those "magic" doors that open for you (she's always had an invisible leash that connects her to me and is only as long as her line of sight to me)...
Once she got to me she was so proud of herself and I couldn't be mad at her ...I was kind of taken aback by outrage of my fellow shoppers....unsolicited advice of having her put down for being out of control and vicious....really! I thought she is pretty smart to find me in the store when I'm the idiot who didn't secure the car!
Thankfully the store manager was understanding and just let me take her out without too humiliating of a public reprimand because people were seriously looking for police involvement as several dialed 911....thankfully the police were as understanding and Sophie charmed their socks off!
Probably a real good thing it's a different city than the JC Penney that Schultz got loose in last November....or I might get a reputation:yes:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
"Cracked the Sun roof and the windows" - - - *shakes head* Sophie was left in the car? no... I dont even want to go there, as I've read numerous 'Dogs in Cars that get hot real quick Stories' this summer. I Hope I'm reading this Wrong though

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank goodness everything turned out okay! That does sound like quite an ordeal.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sophie just wanted to help mama carry her groceries..... Glad she came inside instead of going another direction.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow .............. and holy cow ........ LUCKY is all I can say!!!

OP
Saalwi

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Ok everyone....really no danger...only 72 degrees down right chilly....and she has a fan like the k-9 police vehicles... But I am glad she came looking for me....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.