Kitty Vittles

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
With all the talk of food for the bullies, I also figured it was time to upgrade my kitties food. I have two cats, Buddy and Scotches, both of who are around 11-12 years old, not too sure since I adopted them from the Humane society in 1999 and 2000 respectively and they really did know how old they were.

Anyhoo, I didn't know anything about animals so I just fed them the Cat Chow from the store...well, no more! The boys are now eating Avoderm Salmon formula with a little portion of Avoderm soft food.

Not only are they shedding less, the litter box smells SO much better.

Does anyone else have kitties? What are they eating?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww they are both adorable!!! Buddy is my favorite coloring for kitties!!! I don't have any cats now but we always did growing up at home. I can't have one now. Other than Samson I have a beagle, Loki, she has a HIGH prey drive. I wouldn't trust her around a cat, she goes NUTS when she sees cats (or other small animals, squirrels, etc) baying, crying, just goes wild! I would love to get one though, save one from the shelter but not with Miss Loki around!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
When chip and I moved in together I wanted a cat. So he got me two. They slept in bed with us, they were our very first two pets. Lucky and sigmund. Well, I knew chip had really bad allergies, so bad that his nose would literally drip like a leaky faucet!! We moved from WA state to utah and were living in a little RV with 2 cats, a perikeet, and our first bulldog baby and were looking for jobs. Then, one day lucky got out and we could not find her. Chips dad found her on the side of the road. I cried and cried. I was so young and had never lost anyone I loved like her. I would cry even harder when I saw siggy cuz I knew he missed her. Chips dad took a liking to siggy and said he would be glad to take him if we
decided I could not get over lucky's loss. We ended up taking him up on his offer.

We ended up moving to Tucson instead because we could not find decent work in Utah. I noticed chips allergies were better in AZ. So I mentioned it to him. He politely said, "no, it is not Tucson, I am horribly allergic to cats"

I couldn't believe it! I asked why on earth he would ever let me have one, let alone two! He said because I wanted one :). So for almost 2 years he lived with allergies everyday and never told me.... Aaahhh yes, young love.

Now I know he has the allergies. If we go to someones house with cats I can see it in his face immediately! It is instant- his eyes start to water and he starts to sneeze right away.

So unfortunately we have never had any cats since. We have filled our lives with birds, fish and doggies instead.

But cats are so sweet! Your cats are beauties!! What wonderful photos of them too!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Photobucket

I can't believe I am the ONLY one with kitties?! Can that be?!

Here's a pic of Truman saying hi to his friend Buddy...Buddy was my first pet and he rules the roost. He actually really loves Truman a lot and was wonderful to Linus after Bentley died. I totally underestimated their relationship.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, I was actually going to start a new thread, asking about good cat food. I don't have a cat, but my daughter-in-law does and she was complaining about the shedding. So I ask what she feeds her? She said Friskies. I don't know anything about cats, but I told her that dogs do soooo much better on better quality foods, and Friskies probably isn't a very good cat food, since she gets it at the grocery store. So I told her I'd ask around here, figuring that some of the Bully folks would also have cats. Hopefully I can get some good advise to pass on to her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.