Lucy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... telling your daughter.. not sure -- where is she that she is not with you? You may have said in previous threads but I am at a loss right now.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Boy Vic..that's a tough one..when to tell your daughter..I think IF it were me...I would do it soon. You'll just fret over it and if she's as compassionate as her Mom...she will be ok. No easy way to handle this...:hug:

OMG... telling your daughter.. not sure -- where is she that she is not with you? You may have said in previous threads but I am at a loss right now.

I told her yesterday morning. She lives in Santa Cruz, CA as she just graduated from college there and she's going to live in her apartment and work at her job thru the summer. (Then she's moving into Aunt Diana's in Washington DC, just blocks from the White House!) Anyway, she was upset - of course - but we talked through it. I was with her until the end and death came quickly. She didn't suffer a bit. Her little body just gave up on her. She understood of course, but wished she could have been here with her too.

I also think I goofed up the dates. I think Lucy came home in 93 - not 95.

Anyway, there it is. I feel better for telling her. Rhi and I are pretty connected so she knew there was "something" afoot - she just didn't know what yet.

Thanks to each and everyone of you for your kind and loving responses. I've shared them with Rhi. :)

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
As part of the cremation package, the guy at Heartfelt Memories makes a clay impression of your pet's paw. He returns it to you with the ashes and urn. The clay is soft and so I went to work on it to create something for the garden for Lucy. Here's what I did with it using polished stones, elmer's glue, semi gloss varnish and a sharpie. Rhiannon will like it. It currently resides on the garden bench on the patio; one of Lucy's favorite snooze spots. :heart:

P4290004.jpgP4290005.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That is beautiful, I love it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss:cry: I love cats too.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am terribly sorry for your family's loss. It is difficult when a furbaby passes to the bridge. The paw print is beautiful and I am sure it will remind you of her and hopefully you will smile.

((hugs))

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so sorry for your loss, and What an awesome idea to make pawprints of your beloved pet the finishing touch that you Did was just Beautiful

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I feel like such a heal for missing this. I'm so sorry for the loss of Lucy. What a wonderful story though. That little ugly kitty turned out to be a beautiful cat. :luv: RIP Lucy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.