ShortyBull???

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ran across a new "breed" I guess you would call it? I had never heard of it before but maybe some other EBN'ers have. It's called a Shortybull. You can google it to see what they look like. Some of the pics make them look like frenchie/pitt mixes but some just look like really short (more like an eb body) muscular pittbulls.

Just curious if anybody else had heard of this or actually have seen one in person?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Yes it's a moneymaking monstrosity that isn't breed for either health Or temperament.y brother in law had one that just died a week ago. He was only a year old. He also had aggression issues that took lots of time and money to keep under control. The "breed" wad actually started for fighting but people fell in love with the look. Porkchop died of what the assume were seizures caused by his head shape!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yes it's a moneymaking monstrosity that isn't breed for either health Or temperament.y brother in law had one that just died a week ago. He was only a year old. He also had aggression issues that took lots of time and money to keep under control. The "breed" wad actually started for fighting but people fell in love with the look. Porkchop died of what the assume were seizures caused by his head shape!

That's so sad. What are they actually though? I couldn't find information on what the heck it is. Looks like a pitbull/frenchie/eb?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it is EB with pit, then they crop the ears. I also agree it is another attempt at making a rare "designer dog."

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh...I see. I never knew such a thing existed and I couldnt' quite figure out what the heck it was a mix of. Thanks guys!

Joanna White

Jun 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bones
Very sorry to hear about Pork Chop! I have never heard of such an issue with this breed. Are you sure it was a Shorty Bull? There are a lot of similar breeds now like Pocket bullies. I only ask because you say they were originally bred to be fighting dogs which could not be further from the truth! If anyone truly wants more information on the breed (not just assumptions) you can go to the Bull Breed Coalition registry's website or you can check them out on facebook by searching for Bull Breed Coalition or BBC ( I would post the links but I am not allowed yet)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.