Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
    I guess that's due to the lack of socialization.. And being scared out of his mind (survival mode). Keep him on a short leash always, let it drag around the house so u can easily grab him. Eventually he will ease up, but you may need assistance from friends or professionals. How is he on walks? Master the solo walk and then walk both dogs together.

Did the cats give him a good smack? Sorry not helpful on this front. Puppies usually learn quickly not to mess with cats.. They are evil buggers. For their own safety you could keep a baby gate up.. That way they can smell eachother but only interact when the cat wants.
    I stand close any time the pup is near any of our animals but he attacks either way. I put Beefy in his kennel at night and this morning I had the pup walking by the kennel and he tried to attack Beefy. I was sitting in the floor with Beef ion my lap and the pup just walks over and tries attacking. Yea, the cats smack him but they are declawed so I'm not too sure it helped, lol

This pup tries to hide behind everything. If you get near him he tucks his tail and hides. If you talk to him, he hides. If you put him in his kennel for a few minutes, you have to climb in and pull him out. I feel so bad.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wow lucky for him you came around. People never cease to amaze me.

@JAKEISGREAT, That's great info to know on the flea wash. I don't have to deal with them thank goodness but good to know.

Oh, please post pics. I love Mastiff. Emma has a 5 month old in her training class. He's gorgeous!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

@jen74401 Hows the new pup doing?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Sorry for the delay, I've been busy with the dogs, finals, and house buying. The guy who was doing the breeding was shut down and all of his dogs taken. Yay! A friend of mine stepped in to work with the pup because of his aggression, I was too afraid to have him near my kids after seeing his reactions to things. BUT, I did end up with a litter mate of his. She's 4 months old and apparently the guy was keeping her for breeding purposes. We named her Karma. She was in bad shape as well but she has an amazing personality. I'll try to get some pics up later today.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel and Talulah
    Likes (Received)

I hope that guy gets what's coming to him, what is wrong with people!?
    My Dogs Can Lick Anyone

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad you took them in we need more people in this world like you. I know how you feel I rescued grace she a Staffordshire bull terrier when we got her she was 6 months an the vet said she looked 8weeks old that how stunted her growth was she had no hair puss pimples that were as big as my pinky all over her body. They left her in a cage with her brother's an sisters for the whole 6 months the cage was full of pee an I was supposed to get her when she was 8weeks then he tells me his 10 year old daughter wants her well 6 months later I got a call "come get her I can't take care of her" well if I would have gotten her when I wanted she would have hair no skin problems. These f@&%ing people make me crazy I wish we can do to them what they did to the dogs. Good luck with everything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads