Activity Ideas for Sookie

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well Jordan was ready to find a new home for Sookie but I talked it over with him and I told him he may as well keep her and get her through the terrible two's then see how he feels about it at a later date. (Sookie is Jordan's malamute/husky mix....the bullies are all me :)) She and Bre will always be separated for Miss Bre's safety (Sookie attacked Bre really badly and she ended up at the vet overnight). For some reason Sookie has always loved Tank, they grew up together so I suspect that has something to do with it. Sookie has never been aggressive so I'm assuming when she attacked Bre it had to do with pack status. Sookie has been a big sister to more foster dogs than I can count on one hand. She has never had a problem with food or anything either so the attack left me scratching my head. If it wasn't about pack status then I think Sookie is just bored. Ever since Jordan had cancer he hasn't had the stamina to play with her or take her on walks like he used to.

So my question is....what kind's of activities or toys can I provide Sookie with so that she feels more fufilled and less bored?

I know I will have to either hire a dogwalker or find time to walk her myself. I just want to know what else I can do to make her life more fun. She looooves to chew and has lots of bones and has had one of the kong toys that you can put flavored paste and treats inside of. Thanks for any ideas :)

012.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Get a doggie back-pack... place a few items in ti so she feels she has a 'job' have her wear it when walking

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm no help here .... all I can think of are those toys where they are a puzzle and food is the treat at the end. Or maybe she would make a good therapy dog ... that requires a lot of training and interaction ... and unfortunately time too. But if Jordan is still feeling weak the training classes may be something that he can deal with and may be close to his heart now.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
Gracie likes her deer antlers.....there's a thread that just started about a squirrel toy:yes: I'm getting her one of those too :D She loves her toys and bones :heart:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh she's beautiful! That's an active breed so she's going to need to be kept busy. Walks, chew toys (antlers, nylas, jolly egg?, etc.) Maybe take her to a school track too and throw her a ball with one of those ball launchers. That'll wear her out. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Sookie likes antlers but once she gets the marrow out...she pretty much is done with it and digs a hole to burry them in. She does looove to play ball so the ball launcher is an awesome idea. She likes to play tug with a rope too but I quit doing that with her because she already thinks she is the queen bee, so any activity where somebody "wins" I try to discourage.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.