Help, what can I do??

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said. My mom and I did add those cap/tip things Becky was talking about to my mom's cat (she is also known as devil kitty LOL). They don't stay on very long (maybe a month or 2) and OMG it's a nightmare putting them on!!!! Baby Kitty is 10 years old and still scratches the couches from time to time so that was my moms solution because she is against de-clawing.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm against declawing but our cat, Meep, has a chair that she already destroyed. we call it meep's chair. once you get new furniture, keep a piece of the old stuff around for the cat to continue clawing :)

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just fill a can with catnip and put it in the middle of the room....she will be so nutty over the catnip she won't even notice the couch anymore....LOL

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Just fill a can with catnip and put it in the middle of the room....she will be so nutty over the catnip she won't even notice the couch anymore....LOL

The devil cat hates catnip, I have bought toys and the actual catnip, he could care less, he just walks past the catnip and goes on his way.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
In Britain there is no such thing as de-clawing a cat (or not that I've ever heard of) so to be honest I find the whole procedure quite shocking to even think of.

I like the idea of putting up a claw post and the double sided tape to try and deter the cat!!!

Is there anyway you can keep that room locked so he can't get in there to claw your couch when you're not there??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.