Suggestions for Chew-proof Harness

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So...my boyfriends dog chews EVERYTHING. We've tried everything to get her to not chew things and the only thing that works is buying things she can't destory. (I've posted questions about a chew-proof bed for her before :))

Whenever she's wearing a harness she chews it off herself. I've never seen one made out of anything strong enough to stand up to her before. Any suggestions? The reason she wears a harness unattended is because when she is outdoors we make her wear a tether so she can't reach the fence line (I know they aren't supposed to wear a harness unattended but hers is put on tight and she isn't tethered in a way she could get hung up on anything).

She's a Malamute/Husky mix...and psychotic!

100_1431.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... that is a tough one -- have you thought about trying a leather one?

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That thought had crossed my mind but then I'm thinking....eh...if she chews it up then I'll be reeeally ticked cause leather is expensive lol

I'm afraid we are going to need some space-age NASA materials!

Last edited:
OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I wish I could leave her off the tether but she has a really high prey drive. If she sees a rabbit or squirrel she will run into the fence...she once put her head through a wall because she got so excited about some rabbits while we were in the garage (she was unharmed though!). She's not the brightest dog that ever lived! I'm a bulldog kinda girl but the boyfriend likes all those big fluffy husky type dogs.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mojo used to constantly eats his harnesses..I got Bitter Apple spray and hosed his down..Worked like a charm..No more chewed harnesses..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Ughhh Brutus only does it when we are in the car ! He has to wear his harness with a leash secured b.c he like to jump from front to back ! LOL He tries to chew through it to get in the front seat!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.