Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Chip is working away from home, and he was in Loredo Texas. Well, he found a desert tortise walking in the city, so he brought him to his hotel. Well......

I thought he was going to let him go back in the desert area, but he kept him with him. He is talking about building him a little pen in the yard when he gets back. He is now in some tiny town in Missouri, and it is so tiny he had to go buy a throw-away cell phone cuz his did not work at all. And this throw away one doesn't work well either! :eek:

So anyway, I think we have a new pet turtle. :cool:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Cool... can't wait to see pics.

Oh, and make sure you wash your hands after touching it... they carry some nasty diseases!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
LOVE desert tortoises. My gram actually has 2 that are at least 40 years old that she found over the years and one, Charlie, actually turned out to be Charlene and she lays eggs every year. So awesome! They are endangered so if you register them on the endangered species list (cannot remember the site) they can help keep track of them. How big is it, full grown or little still? They are fun but watch out cuz just because they have no teeth doesnt mean their mouths wont cut when they bite down. hehe. When I was young I was feeding apple slices to one and got too close. Let me say teeth would have hurt less I think. :eek:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
How cool! My stepmom had one when we were growing up (blanking on his name). How big is he? I remember hers had a shell about as big as a dinner plate. He was always cool with the dogs for years and years (like 20 yrs easily). He cruised the backyard freely along with the dogs no problem. Then she got a cairn terrier puppy Chloe and for some reason this tortoise HATED that dog. When he would see Chloe he would try to get up and stand on his 2 back legs, total attack mode, and actually did bite her face a couple times. After that my stepmom had to find him a new home :(

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh that sounds like fun. I don't have a tortoise, but I have aquatic turtles. They're fun too. I have a 50 gallon tank for them, they're just young ones, not very big. I'd love to do an outdoor pond for them someday, as they get bigger.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is cool. I have never seen one in person. We have sea turtles down here. Of course we can't have them as pets, however we camp at a state park that releases the babies nightly. It is wonderful to see these little things paddle to the water.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I hope you can post some pics soon!

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Our Chesty at about a year old met my step daughter's tortise. I have a video of their first meeting...it is soooooooooooo funny. I will try to find it and add it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online