How much protein - Cheli our frenchie puppy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It has been so long since I had a pup,,,I am thinking the Fromm Beef may be too much protein for the little guy. he will be 10 months on Tuesday - his :poo: is not consistent. We had one good week of :poo: from him and it was his first week on the Fromm and off of the Science diet :barf:. We did the slow change over almost four weeks due to his issues. He has no blood in the :poo: and is down to three dumps a day -- (down from 5) he definitely is progressing, but yesterday and today he is back to serious soft serve??!! :confused:

he gets 1/2 cup of kibble and 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt 2x a times (5:30 AM and 6:00 PM eastern)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Maybe [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can help with the protein question. I'm thinking maybe cut yogurt down or out..to see if he has a dairy issue. Could try a bit of pumpkin too..just to get his little system acclimated!

Last edited:
OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maybe @cowmom can help with the protein question. I'm thinking maybe cut yogurt down or out..to see if he has a dairy issue. Could try a bit of pumpkin too..just to get his little system acclimated!

I was thinking of doing the pumpkin, but did not want to play with any additives until I know if it is too much protein for him. I'll drop out the yogurt and just stick with kibble tonight (going forward) and see where that takes us

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I would think the protein level for him would be fine. Im not sure what is causing the soft serve..Maybe he is allergic to beef? Mine have serious soft serve when eating something they are allergic too.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would think the protein level for him would be fine. Im not sure what is causing the soft serve..Maybe he is allergic to beef? Mine have serious soft serve when eating something they are allergic too.

Allergy is possible, Banks is allergic to chicken and a long list of other environmental stuff. Blood screening is on the list to do for him

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Maybe cut the amount per feeding down just a bit, Fromm is really good and should not need as much as he was getting on the old food.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i wouldnt think it would be to much protein. i would cut back on the amount and maybe just do yogurt one time a day or cut it out for a bit in case the dairy is bothering him.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've cut out the yogurt as of yesterday.... I'm going to give him a few days and see how that goes. I am hesitant to cut back on the amount of food as he is still on the thin side - only 18 lbs. If I do not see a change based on that -- I'll cut back the amount of food.

Thanks gang -- appreciate it

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online