not a good start to the new year

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
early this morning we had to put one of my future MIL dogs down. he had been having seizures on and off for a while now and thursday and friday they got really bad and he was taken to the vet. they did some bloodwork and sedated him then he was brought home. we were waiting for the results of the test tues. well this morning very early we got a call and he went over and arnie was acting kinda crazy. biting tables and barking at nothing and hiding. he was taken to the vets and the vet said he may have a tumor on brain or something and that he could hurt the MIL so the decision was made to put him down. they are burying him in a few and i just cant go so im here with my thoughts. not a good start to the new year. last year we lost one in nov 2010 and then MIL one in jan 2011 and then us one in feb 2011. this year is not seeming any better. thank you for listening dont mean to be a bummer the first day of the new year.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts will be with you and your family today.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry for your loss, it's never easy loosing a family member. Our prayers and thoughts will be with you and your family today.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great big :hug: so sorry for this to happen -- thoughts and prayers to your MIL and family

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww..so sorry Sandra. It sounds like Arnie had people that loved him so much. It's so hard to lose our sweet buddies...but please don't think of this as an omen for a bad year. Think of Arnie..running,playing and being pain free at the bridge. He has lots and lots of our friends there with him.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so sorry to hear that you have had to make the terrible decision but it shows the last love you could have proved to Arnie

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm so sorry for your loss...sending hugs!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry to hear this :(. Big hugs to you and you whole family, I agree with Becky- don't let this be an omen, they are only omens if you think they are. Muah and hugs

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sandy I'm so sorry to hear that!! You know my number if you need to chat! As you know we lost Orion last January and now we'll be losing Ace this January. I agree you can't let it be an omen, I'm not. :hug: to you my friend!

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am here reading these wonderful posts and i want to apologize if my post looked like it was an omen type of thing. i did not intend it that way. i posted that right after he called me and told me the news. i am in no way going to look at the whole new year badly. it seems kinda crappy right now but this to shall pass. i do so appreciate all the posts and im sure ill be back posting soon.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
i am here reading these wonderful posts and i want to apologize if my post looked like it was an omen type of thing. i did not intend it that way. i posted that right after he called me and told me the news. i am in no way going to look at the whole new year badly. it seems kinda crappy right now but this to shall pass. i do so appreciate all the posts and im sure ill be back posting soon.

No Apologies! EVER! (Well, unless you p*** me off..then there better be a BIG ole apology!) :evil:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No Apologies! EVER! (Well, unless you p*** me off..then there better be a BIG ole apology!) :evil:

Something tells me... Becky's bad side is not a place any of us want to be.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.