The Time is Near :(

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Ok, I don't mean to hijack your thread at all, but my albums are up; on album number I there are a few pics of my gone but forever loved babies.. I'll be thinking about u this next week

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Karabito and Rasco looked so good. Hope you don't mind me asking what happened? No worries on hijacking, I've never been bothered by that. If anything it make the conversation more like face to face when you can jump from one topic to another. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: ohhh Jeannie..you know I've been there. Also 2 wonderful dogs in the same year AND a grand old cat. I still feel the hurt like yesterday..and I wish I could help you skip the pain. But to know the love of an old dog is the sweetest love. This is what life is about. They teach us from the beginning until the end. You are doing the kindest most unselfish act you will ever do. Ace hurts and he's letting you know he's ready. I'm here if you need someone to cry with.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Ahh, I'm sorry Jeannie :cry:

I love all the pics you posted... sounds like you gave him a very loving happy life

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Ooooh my heart aches for you, I loved each and every photo you posted, a look back at a grand life. What a lucky guy he is to have such a good family.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
All those pictures show me a dog who is fully loved. My heart is heavy with anguish. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], Ace looks like such a special guy. Your post made me well up with tears, but also had to smile looking at the pictures of happy Ace. It is one of the hardest things to do, to have to let go of a best friend. It hurts so much, but there is comfort in knowing how special he was, how much he was loved and how much he loved his family and having 11 years with him. Pictures are good to help heal a bit of the hurt....I have little photo albums of each of my doggies I have lost and look through them sometimes remembering all the joy they brought. Many :hug: to you in this difficult time.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The most difficult - and loving - decision we can make. My heart knows your pain. My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you again everyone! It's comforting to have friends like you all that I can share my pain with. Yes it's the best decision for Ace. He's had such a grand and wonderful life. He was pretty unique in that he was what we called him the "Class Clown." It's hard watching him not be the dog he used to be and in all this pain. My heart has been blessed to have had him in my life for so long. :luv:

We were in Glamis at the sand dunes in CA back in 2003 and Ace's paws got raw from the sand so I did what every Mama would do, I took Daddy's socks and secured them with duck tape. :laugh:

ce57.jpg

ce61.jpg

ce59.jpg

1070418579033756006.jpg

Last edited:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so sorry you are having to go thru this right now but Know we are all with you in are hearts and soul. If you need anything please just let us know.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awwww [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] my heart goes out to you at such a tough time. It looks like Ace has had a wonderful life; he is such a handsome guy. Wishing you lots of love and good memories. :heart:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] -- my heart aches for you as I sit her crying for you.. LOVE and spoil him all week and know you gave him as much joy as he gave you. Love the pics of him in the socks.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good day yesterday until I had a meltdown. One of several I'm sure this week. But lots of snuggle time too. Here's some pics from this morning and yesterday. :luv:

He decided to sleep like an ostrich.
1-2-1210.jpg

His precious look.
1-2-121.jpg

Snoozing right now in his favorite spot and position. :)
1-2-126.jpg

Thanks again everyone, your thoughts and well wishes help me get through this tough time. I love ya all!

Most Reactions