JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I posted this on FB early today but now I'm ready to put it here. It's been a sad, very very sad today for me, and my hubby of course. :( The day has finally come that I had to make that awful call to Beside Still Water. Ace has had a wonderful life but he's in so much pain and has become so aggressive with Jack (Wilson not so much) due to his pain, loss of sight and hearing, that we have made that decision for him to go see his brother Orion at Rainbow Bride. I choose next Sat., Jan. 7th at 4pm so we can have time with him. I haven't been able to hold back my tears today and left work today. :cry: This morning he was so aggressive with Jack that I had to put Ace in the tub, sounds funny but it wasn't. Poor guy had that crazed look like a wolf growling getting ready to kill his prey. Sigh................

Please bear with me these next couple of weeks, Ace has been my companion for nearly 11 years and my co-dependency at times. He'll be missed severely when he's gone, he was a dog when in his prime had so much personally and facial expressions. I would like to share a few photos, it helps me heal and prepare when I share and share and share. :cry::cry:

Today he snoozed in his Mamma's arms (like the puffy eyes).
c76a625b.jpg

Today, he's been my popcorn buddy so we were sharing popcorn.
d92e8840.jpg

2011 This summer on his last boat trip. :(
2011Summer038-1.jpg

He still had it.
2011Summer024-1.jpg

Posing for Mamma
2011Summer023-1.jpg

Sitting at the campsite
5-26-1113.jpg

Back in 2009 when he was still pretty healthy with his brother Orion.
IMG_0228.jpg

2009 Chillin' on the boat
acelake2.jpg

Christmas 2010 sporting his famous smile
(I can't figure out how to get the pic upright, it keeps turning sides when I upload it)
12-25-10Ace-1.jpg

I'm sure you'll be seeing more later ;).

Can someone change the title to "The Time is Near :(" please.

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Re: The is near :(

Oh, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], I am sitting her bawling like I lost a loved one with you and for you. I am so sorry for your pain, and it just rips my heart out to see this. Please, Please know that all of us are with you in this time of need. Bless Ace and the wonderful 11 years you had together, you were both blessed. :assurred: :hug2:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I'm teary eyed right now, it comes and goes. Thank you Kelly, it means a lot. It's been a tough year for us loosing both 4 legged boys. :( It's so hard to make that choice. Ace, and Orion were in Mike's life for 13 years. It's really hard for him too.

@KMARINO .

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Re: The time is near :(

@JeannieCO I will be thinking about you, I lost two dogs this year, my sharpei of 10 years and my boston mix of 6 years. Just thinking about how awful it was and how I've missed them makes me want to start bawling. Your dog was blessed having you in his life and so were you, because with him and his brothers of course, you knew the meaning of pure love. I will keep you in my prayers

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hug: Knowing he will no longer be suffering will help you come to terms with his loss.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Gotta share a couple more. :)

Camping 2010
Pueblo1May20102.jpg

Mike and Ace tubing, Ace only had eyes for the shoreline, snicker.
2207534150033756006.jpg

Daddy and his boy, 2010.
2794487980033756006.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with Lari, when I had to put my poor boy Nitro down (doberman) due to cancer it about killed me, but knowing he was not in so much pain and could not even go outside to potty and just did it in his bed, I swear he lost his pride, made it a little easier for me. It still cuts through your heart like a knife. Again I am so sorry and feel your pain. :heart:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Sometimes when I think about my dogs that have crossed the rainbow bridge, I just pull out my computer, open up the pictures and just stare at them and I can feel them here, in bed with me cuddling against my leg, and it aches, but I know they will be in my heart forever. It looks like you have a bunch of wonderful pics of Ace and anytime you want him near you can do the same:hug:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@LariP , Ace probably go one a bit longer but I don't want him to suffer further, it's not the type of dog he was Sometimes he just gazes like there's no one there, a blank look - demenia. It's hard making the choice and not holding on longer for one's own needs that's for sure.

Kelly, we had a Nitro too, sorry for your loss too and more importantly, your son's stepback.

@acarabias , that's exactly what I do, pull out the pictures, cry, smile, touch and heal. :luv:

An ole friend posted this for me, haven't seen this poem before.

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I've seen that poem before. It is an awesome one. So very true.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
That poem is beautiful!! I've saved it on my computer to look back.. thank you, we need to heal together. I'm posting an album and I'll include pictures of my babies that have crossed too so you can meet them as well.. there will be a bunch of pics of the new puppies so it's taking a while to upload but I would love for you guys to check them out; That Boston mix was my companion and my shadow, it has been very painful..

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll be looking forward to seeing your babies who are at Rainbow Bridge. It's a pain I'll gladly endure again and again. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Jeanne so sorry for your boy Ace, he is a beautiful boy and he has such a sweet face. I know he will be truly missed, but just remember, you will forever have his memory with you until you meet again someday, when he is in no pain, with his brother Orion.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's such a hard decision to make. He looks like he has had a wonderful life & looks
So happy in your pics. Rest easy

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
gosh hon im so sorry for this. its so hard and i commend you on doing what needs to be done. im here if you need me hon. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.