New family member

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
What a great story! I can't wait for more pictures and videos! Especially when you get your new EB baby. Wow I would not be able to ever get work done if we got 2 new puppies... who am I kidding I will totally take off of work when we get our new EB baby. :)

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
awww! Ana got 2 a day..1 every 12 hours and tramadol and robaxin...Never any side effects, which after having her on Rimadyl, I so appreciated. Ana was on this for almost 3 years..and if not for bone cancer, I think in my heart..she would still be here. I hope Banks is as good on her meds. :hug:

That cancer thing steals all the good ones! So sorry, Becky... it had to be very difficult to know how much pain she was in.
So far, we are beginning to see a lot of improvement. She is not as 'grumpy', she is climbing stairs better and she is running with Cheli through the house; all these things she was doing before, but we see a difference in her movement and level of playing.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That cancer thing steals all the good ones! So sorry, Becky... it had to be very difficult to know how much pain she was in.
So far, we are beginning to see a lot of improvement. She is not as 'grumpy', she is climbing stairs better and she is running with Cheli through the house; all these things she was doing before, but we see a difference in her movement and level of playing.

You know the interesting thing was, after her cancer diagnosis, I was so determined to keep her pain free. We had decided when she showed any sign of discomfort it would be time. Problem was, the bone had a huge chance of breaking because the cancer eats from the inside out. So we were so careful and watched her like a newborn baby. When it came to pain control..guess what they use? Yup..Gabapentin and Tramadol. My vet said you know her better than anyone, give her what you think she needs. And just one morning she refused to get up. But no crying or any signs she was hurting. For that I am so very grateful. So, I can't say enough about Gabapentin especially and Tramadol.

Sorry for such a downer in your thread! But I :love: me some Ana!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You know the interesting thing was, after her cancer diagnosis, I was so determined to keep her pain free. We had decided when she showed any sign of discomfort it would be time. Problem was, the bone had a huge chance of breaking because the cancer eats from the inside out. So we were so careful and watched her like a newborn baby. When it came to pain control..guess what they use? Yup..Gabapentin and Tramadol. My vet said you know her better than anyone, give her what you think she needs. And just one morning she refused to get up. But no crying or any signs she was hurting. For that I am so very grateful. So, I can't say enough about Gabapentin especially and Tramadol. Sorry for such a downer in your thread! But I :love: me some Ana!!

NEVER apologize for remembering a loved one... regardless of the thread topic, if it fits it is worth talking about.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] how in the hang holy-ian did I miss this thread, damn girl, I seen in a different thread that you mentioned the handsome fella , but boy oh boy, I must apologize for missing this great introduction. :newhere:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama how in the hang holy-ian did I miss this thread, damn girl, I seen in a different thread that you mentioned the handsome fella , but boy oh boy, I must apologize for missing this great introduction. :newhere:

Welcome [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]... jump right in this is a great site..... hee hee hee

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.