New family member

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Congrats on your new boy. Looking forward to hearing about this new adventure. Frenchies are indeed unique little clowns.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks all.... the little guy is doing well - learning stairs was hysterical today. He is full on puppy -- wants nothing more than to play and eat. I was in (happy) tears today as Banks, something she never did with Nitschke, played full force with Chelios! Play bow, wrestling and chasing each other around the basement. We did not get video as we left the camera upstairs, but we plan to get the next session on tape and I will be sure to post. He bounces around like a rabbit and stands on his hind legs chopping on Banksy's ear. It is so funny due to the size and color difference. Can't wait to show you guys.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
That is awesome, they are going to be best friends! Can't wait to see a video.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awwwwww, he is sooo cute! :luv: Congratulations on your new family member and that is so awesome that he and Banks are getting along wonderfully!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh christine what a wonderful christmas present. im so so happy for you. and you still get an eb wow what more could you ask for. i look forward to your video. :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh how friggin CUTE!!!!!!! You are a great mama so the vet did good by this baby for sure. I absolutely :heart: frenchies and will get one someday! I am so glad to see how happy you are, that is the best xmas gift ever! And yes of course a video IS necessary! Funny how different personalities bring out a diff pup once they are together.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Oh, he is so so cute!! Congrats on your new addition. Frenchies are adorable, I wouldn't mind having one. :)
your vet sounds like a truly awesome person.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heyyyyyyyyy Christine! :shout: How about an update! How's the baby doing? And Banks??

all is going fantastic.... Stinky,as I refer to him, is a cuddle bug with lots of personality. His system is adjusting well and we are slowly moving him over to Fromm. Cheli and Banks are becoming very good playmates; she knows her limits with him and he does not back down from her. It is hysterical... we are trying to video/pictures, but because he is so dark - you can barely see him.

Banks is doing well... she was at Dr. Rossi's on Monday - she has been in pain and we decided to change her meds. You may remember - she has disc issues and we have to manage her pain with different meds. so, Dr. Rossi adjusted her dosages.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]..Did I ever tell you about Gabapentin? We used it in our Rottie for her disk and back problems. A teaching Vet hospital got her on it when she was in so very much pain. A fentanyl patch did nothing and we were contemplating back surgery, which it turned out, she was not a candidate for. Anyway, one dosw and it was a miracle. no pain..no real side effects. They use it in humans for seizures. Blocks nerve endings to brain..so pain is there, just can't feel it! Just put it in your bag of tricks. Most vets don't know about it..well at least a few years ago.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama ..Did I ever tell you about Gabapentin? We used it in our Rottie for her disk and back problems. A teaching Vet hospital got her on it when she was in so very much pain. A fentanyl patch did nothing and we were contemplating back surgery, which it turned out, she was not a candidate for. Anyway, one dosw and it was a miracle. no pain..no real side effects. They use it in humans for seizures. Blocks nerve endings to brain..so pain is there, just can't feel it! Just put it in your bag of tricks. Most vets don't know about it..well at least a few years ago.

Yes, that is one of her meds she get one pill a day with her dinner. Deramaxx with breakfast and Tramadol with both meals. Dr. Rossi told us that if Bnaks' issues were on any other breed, he would be having the 'talk' with us about quality of life, but as a Bulldog, she can handle much more than other breeds.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes, that is one of her meds she get one pill a day with her dinner. Deramaxx with breakfast and Tramadol with both meals. Dr. Rossi told us that if Bnaks' issues were on any other breed, he would be having the 'talk' with us about quality of life, but as a Bulldog, she can handle much more than other breeds.

awww! Ana got 2 a day..1 every 12 hours and tramadol and robaxin...Never any side effects, which after having her on Rimadyl, I so appreciated. Ana was on this for almost 3 years..and if not for bone cancer, I think in my heart..she would still be here. I hope Banks is as good on her meds. :hug:

Most Reactions