New family member

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, it is a long story, but we are now pawrents to a 7 month old brindle French Bulldog. Lewis has named him 'Chelios' (Cheli for short) -- yes, hockey player Chris Chelios.

024.jpg

Dr. Joe, our amazing vet, GAVE him to us. Poor little guy was 5 months and in a very stressful and unstable environment causing him to get colitis and a prolapsed rectum. His owner was going through a nasty divorce that came on shortly after getting and paying $3000 for CeeLo (her name for him) so, when Joe called to tell her she could come pick him up, she stated she could not pay the bill; however, he had already decided he was not going to bill her (2 weeks in the hospital for treatment). She thanked him, but said her life was such an emotional disaster it would not be fair to the pup if he returned to her home and asked Joe to find him a new home (she signed surrender papers) -- poor little guy has been in the hospital (kennel) since late October so Joe and his wife Jill wanted him to have a home for Christmas. Mind you, French Bulldog breeders had gotten word this pup was at Joe's office and boy, oh boy did they want their hands on this little guy. Apparently, he has 'great lineage' and Joe was not having any of that - he wanted the 'special little guy' (his words) to have a great life so, he neutered him while he was with him. Enter, us!

Joe called the house and Lewis answered since I was at work... he asked if we be interested in a Frenchie. I was very hesitant as my HEART belongs to English Bulldogs and I am concerned Lewis would not agree to a EB puppy, if we get the Frenchie ---- obviously, Lewis agreed to me still getting my EB (YEAH!!!). Now, mind you I did get Joe and Jill to agree in assisting me in making sure Lewis does not back out on that deal.

We spent the last week introducing them, on neutral grounds, before bringing him home yesterday to see how Banks would or wouldn't accept the pup. See for yourself ----

042.jpg

we are VERY, VERY proud of our girl!!

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

OMWord [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he is adorabull :love::luv::love:
Such a sweet puppy and so sad that he has had so much trauma already, with his poorly tummy :hug:
The days of stress are firmly behind im now and he can look forward to playing with his new big sister Banks and recovering with his new pawrents.
I am sure his previous mom will be happy he is with you and set for the rest of his life :)

And on the plus... you still get your bully baby..when you find the right one :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Looks to me like Banks is saying... That better not be MY toy your playing with little Frenchie!! lol Just kidding, They look great together. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so happy for you and such a sweet looking baby!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks to me like Banks is saying... That better not be MY toy your playing with little Frenchie!! lol Just kidding, They look great together. :)

Oh, he has been given a few 'corrections', but what is hysterical is how drastic in size and color -- he flips belly up under Banks and she can not get to him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh he is soooo sweet! I would love to have a frenchie too someday! What a doll!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
What a little cutie, I'm sure he and Banks will be buds before long. That is great that you decided to give him a new fur-ever home. When were you going to get your new bully pup?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a little cutie, I'm sure he and Banks will be buds before long. That is great that you decided to give him a new fur-ever home. When were you going to get your new bully pup?

Oh, he will be coming. Believe me... I am getting my EB baby! We now want to make sure Cheli settles in due to his rough beginning. He is doing well, but started with runny :poo: today, but that is excepted due to the change. he is however, very comfortable with moving around the house and making himself at home.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OH he is so adorable. How lucky you are, you will love having a Frenchie, they have unique and cool personalities. I will most likely get a foster soon. FBRN said after Christmas is their busiest times.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is adorable, I love Frenchies too!! Congrats on your new family member and I am sure Banks will be a great big sis!! :luv:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm so happy that Cheli has found the best possible forever home. Banks and he will be buds in no time. Whatta doll baby!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So glad he has a wonderful home now! What a stressful time for him. I've only been around a couple of Frenchies and the ones I've seen have quite the personality, funny. He's beautiful!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
WOW!!!! He is just toooo cute. I'm so glad the previous owner realized her limitations..thrilled you BOTH have such an awesome Vet...but MOST of all...it seems THIS sweet boy won the lottery! Congrats..Christine!! He Is Soooooo Handsome! :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.