Look what just happened to me

THREAT

Jan 18, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I hope this is the right section

So I just got in from Walking Bear for his morning walk and notice that my neighbors Boxer is loose, my first thoughts were how did she get out of the house. I go to his house and knock on the door for like 15 minutes, no answer. Both of his cars are parked, his and his wife's car.

The upstairs neighbor see's me and tells me the dog has been out since last night, its was around 43 degrees last night!! The poor dog was sitting on the porch and running around the neighborhood, she is still a puppy.

I manage to put her on a leash and bring her inside my home, she was shivering very bad and when I gave her some food she ate it all, she must of been starving!! I had to put Bear in the other crate because she is a female and he would go crazy. Anyways, I don't know whats going on with my neighbor but I am highly pissed off that they would leave their dog out in the cold all night.

She is sleeping now, hopefully my neighbor realizes what he has done and looks for her, when he asks me he will get a good talking too!! I hope everything is alright with my neighbor this is not like him or his wife to do this. I left a note on his car just now, called his cell, everything I could.

photo1.jpg

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Its Great that you took her under your wing when she needed someone. I just hope that nothing serious if wrong at your neighbor's house. Good Job!!!! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Very strange indeed. If you don't get some response soon you may need to call the police to find out why they aren't answering the door.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh my goodness! Thanks for taking her in. She is a sweet looking pup. I don't think they deserve her. Hopefully the owners made an error but if they are that careless then she might be at risk. Hopefully someone on our forum can give you some advice on the situation. Is it possible there might be some foul play? Both cars are there but no answer? :hmm:

Last edited:
OP
THREAT

THREAT

Jan 18, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Yeah and I am military and on Ft Stewart, we have a very high suicide watch, hope that is not the case, my neighbors told me they been knocking on the door since last night. I already let me supervisors know, the police may have to come and open the door to see if everything is alright.

OP
THREAT

THREAT

Jan 18, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Great news, I contacted him and he said the dog got loose when he was walking him last night, hmmmmm? I asked did you go looking for her, he said no. I gave him his dog and a evil look.

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
How can he didnt go look for his dog if she goes missing?
Poor girl.. She must have been scared..

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Well, at least you know your neighbor is alive. I hope he gives that dog more compassion in the future.

Good job to you! That little girl will most likely find her way to your house if this happens again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good job taking care of that precious puppy.... keep an eye on the house. seems like he really does not want the dog

OP
THREAT

THREAT

Jan 18, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Yeah he was saying when she got loose yesterday he basically said screw it and went home. Dogs will always know where their home is and come back there, hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good job taking care of her, hopefully it won't happen again but I have a feeling it will. It's a shame because she is a beauty.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
WOW! At first I was worried about your neighbor but now I see that they are just jerks. Poor puppy doesnt deserve to be stuck with them. :( Thank you for doing your part! Next time if there is one I would be trying to keep the pup myself or rehome it to somebody you know to be more deserving. lol

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Poor puppy!! So glad you helped though. I just hope they really care and were seriously hoping he would be back home this morn. Of course we all would have done things differently, like stayed out looking all night if we had too!! My son found a bassett hound once and after finally finding the owner( week later) they told us they "let him go" on purpose. Boy did they get an ear full from me!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Stories like this....they just infuriate me. Someone more deserving should have that dog. The dog is certainly more deserving......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.