Meet Jacob, the other baby!

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
Jacob is my two year old sugar glider. I've had him since we was just six weeks old. He loves to play in his barrel o' monkeys and he's learned how to bark back at Roscoe. Well...a squeaky sort of bark. :p

l-1.jpgl-2.jpgl-3.jpg

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I used to have a quartet of gliders. They are so cute but oh so much work. Ours were rescues who had made 2 bonded pairs an the 2 groups hated the each other. Even in seperate cages, if they heard each other they would start screaming and 1 was an escape artist. Nothing like opening your cupboard and having a glide fly out and land on your face lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy:...they are very cute..but having one fly out unexpectedly would be too much..:eek:.. I had a katydid land on my face 2 nights ago I barely survived! :faint:.. Think the neighbors are still talking about it!!

OP
kayrahbear

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
I used to have a quartet of gliders. They are so cute but oh so much work. Ours were rescues who had made 2 bonded pairs an the 2 groups hated the each other. Even in seperate cages, if they heard each other they would start screaming and 1 was an escape artist. Nothing like opening your cupboard and having a glide fly out and land on your face lol.

I originally had Jacob and his brother Jeriah. Jeriah passed away from an upper respiratory infection when he was around a year old though. I've been trying to find a rescue to be Jacob's new roommate.
They are a bunch of work. Between Jacob's hand chopped veggies, fruits, and protein purees and Roscoe's food allergies- my pets are really eating better than I am.

Jacob gives me face hugs when I open his cage at night. Those tiny nails in your eyelids are never fun. I don't think I'll ever get used to something leaping out at me.
He sometimes rides around in my bra when I go out to do errands. My neice has started pulling my shirt down whenever I see her and asking if I brought my 'boobie squirrel' :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

OP
kayrahbear

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
:ohmy:...they are very cute..but having one fly out unexpectedly would be too much..:eek:.. I had a katydid land on my face 2 nights ago I barely survived! :faint:.. Think the neighbors are still talking about it!!

When the cicadas were here over the summer I screamed every time one of those little flying devils even came close to touching me.

L

Lucy-licious

:eek: just googled cicadas OMG I am SO not coming to visit you [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] no, oh no,no,no,no.

as for Jacob! how cute is he! and he looks so tiny....but one thing and I quote "He sometimes rides around in my bra when I go out to do errands." [MENTION=3197]kayrahbear[/MENTION] What are you thinking??

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
When the cicadas were here over the summer I screamed every time one of those little flying devils even came close to touching me.

*Shudder* Katydid or Cicada - I can't deal with either of them. When I lived in Phoenix, it took some getting used to, listening to their "ringing" all the time. Drove me crazy at first. And to see one up close? Screaming doesn't even come close to what I used to do. I think "spastic" is more appropriate. **shudder** I'm an insanely crazy gardener....but I hate big bugs.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: just googled cicadas OMG I am SO not coming to visit you [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] no, oh no,no,no,no.as for Jacob! how cute is he! and he looks so tiny....but one thing and I quote "He sometimes rides around in my bra when I go out to do errands." [MENTION=3197]kayrahbear[/MENTION] What are you thinking??
ANGIE!!...mine was a KATYDID..like a big grasshopper..with a funky head! Not a Cicada!! Those are ugly and I am sure I would NOT have survived!! :rofl:.. And you would let a silly little..err...medium size insect stop you from visiting?? :hissy:

L

Lucy-licious

ANGIE!!...mine was a KATYDID..like a big grasshopper..with a funky head! Not a Cicada!! Those are ugly and I am sure I would NOT have survived!! :rofl:.. And you would let a silly little..err...medium size insect stop you from visiting?? :hissy:

er Hell Yes!! eeewww I hate insects and the big ones are worse...if you have grasshoppers that big then how big are the lizards that eat em :eek:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
well I looked up katydid and I always call those leaf bugs. haha Who knew? They fly?! I have only ever seen them just sitting on my wall or something as if they cant be seen there. lol. I think I might have heard you last night even [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]. ;)
Looked up sugerglider to get more of an idea and oh my gosh they are tiny and cute! Had bever heard of one in my life until today! Also can we get a video maybe of it gliding out of your cupboard? :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
er Hell Yes!! eeewww I hate insects and the big ones are worse...if you have grasshoppers that big then how big are the lizards that eat em :eek:
..Ummmmmmm..... Lizards?...:shhhh: we have snakes that eat them! And bats...And owls....and bears and mountain lions..but they don't like lizards!! :ROFL:...... Florida..has cockroaches that FLY!!..lol....and I think they LOVE tourists!! :eek:

L

Lucy-licious

..Ummmmmmm..... Lizards?...:shhhh: we have snakes that eat them! And bats...And owls....and bears and mountain lions..but they don't like lizards!! :ROFL:...... Florida..has cockroaches that FLY!!..lol....and I think they LOVE tourists!! :eek:

Well I didn't see any last time I went so I don't intend to this time either :p
As for your critters snakes :eek: bats and owls awwww we have those and they're ok! but Bears and Mountain Lions?? erm and I thought the bugs were a bad point...double:eek::eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online