Intake Date: 10-24-18
Last Update: 12-10-18
Date Available: TBD
Accepting Applications until: TBD
DOB: 4-24-2008
Weight: 52 pounds
Energy Level: Very Low
Color & Markings: White with fawn spots
Good with other dogs: Some-I seem to do okay with low energy submissive dogs, otherwise I would probably be happiest as an only dog
Good with cats: Yes
Good with kids: BBR Policy states no children under the age of 8+.
Object aggression: None
Special Needs: folds and ears need cleaned daily, eyes run and need wiped throughout the day, grain free food softened with water due to teeth being pulled
Medications: monthly flea and heartworm medication; Zymox ear drops for ears as needed
Crate Trained: I donā€™t like being left in my crate when youā€™re gone, I do great in a room with a baby gate or roaming free
House Trained: Yes
Physical Fence Required: No
Adoption donation: TBD

My Ideal Home: Hi my name is Poptart, but I also answer to Big Poppy, Pops, Popsy...you get the idea. Iā€™m looking for a home to spoil me for my golden years. Please donā€™t let my age scare you, I still like to play (fetch with my squeaky toys is my favorite) and go for short walks. Iā€™ve got a lot of life left to live and would love to live it with you! I prefer to spend most of my time napping, I really prefer to be on the couch with you if you donā€™t mind (sometimes I need help getting on the couch depending on how tired I am). I do have a bit of anxiety and really like to be close to you and know where you are at all times. I am potty trained, but donā€™t clearly let you know when I need to go out so I do best on a regular schedule! I seem to have some separation anxiety that leads to accidents in my crate. I have done much better with a baby gate and being confined to the bathroom (with my bed and blanket) when youā€™re gone. I wear a belly band at night because I have a hard time holding it that long!

I like everyone, but seem to prefer and respond better to men. I can be very stubborn and do not always want to go outside without prompting and treats. However once Iā€™m out I do well on my leash and like going for short walks through my neighborhood. I do occasionally bark when I see other dogs on my walks. I can be a little dominate and would do best with a submissive low energy dog or as an only dog. I live with my foster cat siblings and tend to ignore them most of the time. I REALLY love going for car rides.

I am an older guy so my vision and hearing arenā€™t the best. I sometimes need you to help me find my treat if it falls on the floor and occasionally take awhile to respond when youā€™re calling me. I do know sit and come here (when I want to) and am very treat motivated. I can manage stairs okay for now, but need help getting in and out of the car, the bath tub, and occasionally on to the couch. As long as you can lift 52 pounds of bulldog we should be good to go!

My foster mommy and daddy tell me I am a good boy and somebody will hit the jackpot when they adopt me. I promise to spoil you with my perfect looks, bulldog snuggles, goofy personality and love.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.