Date Available: 10-5-18
Accepting Applications until:
DOB:
Weight: 42 lbs
Energy Level: Medium/High
Color & Markings: tri color with a blue tint to my ears and neck region
Good with other dogs: Yes!!!
Good with cats: Yes
Good with kids: BBR Policy states no children under the age of 8+. Hamilton is very energetic and would be best in a house without small humans.
Object aggression: None
Special Needs: none
Medications: Monthly Flee, Tick and Heart Worm Prevention
Crate Trained: yes
House Trained: yes, however i still Mark my bed and sometimes the couch in the living room
Physical Fence Required: No- i can run when i want but will come when called
Adoption donation: $775

My Ideal Home: Hamilton here, also known as Hammy, Hamster, Hamtastic or my personal favorite, Ham Bone. I am a pint-sized power house looking for a family that needs to add some fun into their lives. I love eating, playing with my foster brother, zooming around the back yard and chewing on my bone (which my foster mom reminds me to do instead of the furniture). I donā€™t necessarily need a fenced in yard, but it can only help when my zoomies come out. I need a family that is up for the challenge of hanging with me and maybe have a brother or sister who likes to play.

My foster mom wants me to tell you that although I am the best dog she has ever met (outside my foster brother, Banner, because he will get jealous.) I do need an experience adopter and I do have a couple quirks you need to know about.

I do sometimes still get scared by unexpected sounds or movements. I tend to shrink down and get close to the ground, but it hardly happens anymore. All I need is to keep building my confidence and I am sure I will be strutting my stuff in any situation.

I also, but only occasionally, mark my bed. I am totally potty trained other than sometimes needing to mark my bed as mine. My foster mom is working with me on this and it keeps getting better and better but I havenā€™t totally gotten over it yet and you might have to help me kick this habit.

Oh, and I havenā€™t really had a lot of experience playing before hanging with my awesome foster mom, so I am still learning how to play and who are dogs and who are people when it comes to play. But really who hasnā€™t had that problem.

Overall, I am a super cool dude that you would be lucky to have join your family. So if you are interested in adding me to your crew ā€“ be sure to apply.
Update: hey Iā€™m Hamilton.. Iā€™m in my second foster home now because Iā€™m getting ready to have the nice doctors fix my left eye entropian, do my nares, they are very stenotic and have a mass removed from my chin area. And mybfirst foster momma lives far away from the doctor. Donā€™t worry though my doctor says itā€™s nothing to worry about, yet they want to remove it so it doesnā€™t become a problem.
Letā€™s see... my ideal home.. Iā€™m a mill boy so still shy and scared of a lot of things. However i do love my foster sisters and allow my little tiny foster brother to pick on me at will and donā€™t get upset.. i would love to have a furbrother or fursister to play with. Iā€™m only 3 so i have a lot of play left in me. I have also discovered that those leashes and these things called walks and parks, oh i love those. I was a bit scared at first but my foster sister lead the way and i soon realized how much fun walks and parks are, so i would prefer to continue doing that, plus it helps build my confidence. I will greet u for pets and actually mooch as many as i can from u, but am still a bit hand shy when doing so. If i could be your Furever dog, u will need some patience and time for me to warm up and fully trust. Iā€™m growing leaps and bounds with this though. I am such a sweet boy with so much love to give is someone would be willing to help me along, Iā€™m worth the work, or so my foster momma keeps saying. I also like the water, although i have not went swimming yet, i do enjoy a nice dip up to my neck to cool off, because boy has it been hot out.. i want a belly band at night as to keep my crate nice and dry, u see in the mill of u didnā€™t pee on it someone else would take your spot, thank god i have plenty of my own space now, but old habits die hard i guess.. i donā€™t potty in the house though so thatā€™s one thing i have going for me. I love my crate, probably my favorite thing still, again that dam mill, but i feel safe there. And itā€™s for sure my go to if i feel a bit scared of shy. So itā€™s probably best to have one set up at all times now and give me time to adjust and learn i can trust u, and i promise to start spending more time with my new family and not so much time in my crate. U will
Need to help
Me adjust to this big scary world, u see in three years i didnā€™t explore any of it, so now it seems a bit overwhelming.. Iā€™m learning and getting better thought every day, and now sometimes when i hear loud noises i can look and then go about my business with out having to retreat.. foster momma get very happy when this happens and she give me lots of weird high pitched exciting words and many pets and sometimes even a treat.. and oh my, i absolutely love those and really love my food as well.. ok for now, Iā€™ll give i another shout out after my surgeries are complete and Iā€™m ready for all
Of u to look at my beautiful face and those sweet scared eyes, and to rush to that computer and apply for me to be your Furever dog.. i promise to work hard everyday with you to learn how to be the happy go lucky boy u and everyone else wants me to be.. your soon to be Furever boy... Hammy!!

Ok well surgeries done!! Eye healing, chin was a mucocele, and i can now smell things at the park.. my life is turning out pretty good.. i like to play with my foster brother a lot, learning how to play with my foster sister, she is kinda big, but i still love playing chase with her, more so, she runs and i chase and never catch her, wow she is fast. And i now love couch cuddles with foster momma, and i thought it was a good idea to chew her arm the other night and growl and try and shake her. She didnā€™t think it was too much fun and had to tell me a couple times that was bad. But she was also laughing and telling me how cute it was that i was finally ready to play with her. So i wasnā€™t really in very much trouble. She is kinda a softy when it comes to me i think.
But since we are on the subject, my growl. I talk a lot, and i have a very low toned growl when i do. Donā€™t be alarmed Iā€™m just requesting attention, or requesting that i feed me faster, or that dam woman we are at the park get out of the car and lets walk for Godā€™s sake. Sometimes i even growl and bark while running at you, guess what?? That is me being goofy and wanting your attention as well.. do u blame me? I have been lacking it for so long.. oh and i hate that dreaded cone, it scares me death.. i even growled and barked at momma when she tried to put it on me, but i ran away from her while doing it, so it wasnā€™t meant to be mean i swear, Iā€™m still just really scared of some things.. oh and while on the subject i might be guilty of having barking and growling sessions with my fur siblings too, it my seem silly to you, but we think itā€™s so much fun, mostly just because it drives momma crazy..
So to sum it up, Iā€™m very vocal, i love to get my cuddles in, i am great with other dogs, and i love to walk everyday at the park, i love my treats and my food, but i may still need some obedience training if u listen to the humans. But i do sit like a champ for anyone who wants to feed me.. if u look into my eyes and fall in love and i could be your perfect boy, please please please fill out the app.. u wonā€™t know if u donā€™t try.. and we will both be glad u did..
with love, now that i know how to love stuff and people...
**I will also need to be adopted out on a training contract

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Bump!