Date Available: NOW
Accepting Applications until:
DOB: 6/29/12
Weight: 40 lb
Energy Level: low
Color & Markings: black brindle and white
Good with other dogs: yes
Good with cats:
Good with kids: BBR Policy states no children under the age of 8+.
Object aggression: no
Special Needs:
Medications: Regular heart worm & flea preventions
Crate Trained: yes
House Trained: no
Physical Fence Required: no
Adoption donation: $500

My Ideal Home: I am a very sweet and timid girl. I love attention and cuddles. At times I can be very skittish and I startle easily. If you sneak up on me I may snap at you but don't worry I wont actually bite you. I had a hard life and sometimes that hinders my ability be comfortable. I am fearful of new things as I am just learning this whole new world. Once I do get comfortable I don't want to go anywhere. I prefer to stay in my familiar surroundings. This makes it hard for me to go out and explore the world. Riding in cars causes a lot of anxiety for me and I do not like to go on walks. As a matter of fact when I see my foster mom get my harness and leash out I run and hide from her.
I love food and sometimes try to eat my foster brother and sisters food. I have improved on this because now I don't interrupt them but if there is any left I get it immediately.
I don't understand why I must go outside to potty. It makes more sense to just go when I have to no matter where I am. I have been working on this though so I will need a lot of patience and understanding from my new family.
I am learning about toys but most of them don't interest me. I do however love bones to chew on. I don't usually chew on things I shouldn't but I am very curious so sometimes I get into things I shouldn't. I don't damage things I just like to investigate some things.
My forever home will need to be a calm, stable, loving and patient environment. It may take longer for me to adjust but if you give me a chance you will find that I am very sweet and loyal and will make you smile often.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Bump!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Still available!!

Josie.png

Josie has made a lot of progress. She isnā€™t as skittish and scared although she still gets startled easily. She also is enjoying going out more. She still doesnā€™t like the car all that much but is happy when we arrive at our destination.
Her personality is really showing now! She loves to play with chopper and other dogs and loves bones but doesnā€™t play much with toys. She is currently learning to not chew on the Christmas tree
At times she can be bossy and tries to lead other dogs in the home.
Josie LOVES attention! She wants pets and cuddles every moment possible. She also has a hard time sharing that kind of attention. If Iā€™m petting my dog and not her she will actually climb up on his back to force me to pet her instead!
She has gotten a lot better at going potty outside. When Iā€™m home all day and let her out consistently she doesnā€™t have any accidents. But she doesnā€™t let you know when she has to go. She does have accidents in the middle of the night and while Iā€™m at work. However I think she just isnā€™t physically capable of holding it. Every time she sees me clean up a potty mess she puts her head down and looks guilty and ashamed. Itā€™s sad because I know she canā€™t help it.
Overall she is a sweet playful girl that just wants a lot of attention and love and wants to make you happy.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
BUMP!!