King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Poppy.png

Intake Date: 5/25/18
Last Update: 7/23/18
Date Available: 7/28/18
Accepting Applications until:
DOB: March 2018
Weight: 16 pounds
Energy Level: Low most of the time with small bursts of energy.
Color & Markings: Fawn and White with a black mask
Good with other dogs: Yes
Good with cats: Unknown
Good with kids: Wonderful! No issues. Loving and trusting with my 11 and 14 year old. BBR Policy states no children under the age of 8+.
Object aggression: Could be depending on the other dog. She will back down over a toy with my older dog, but I could see her being object aggressive as she gets older and more confident. Or if she is around another dog where the alpha dog is not established. She has done great at understanding she can't eat out of the other dogs food dishes, but she likes to walk the edge/push it to see what she can do.
Special Needs: Complex congenital cyanotic heart disease including an atrial septal defect (ASD), ventricular septal defect (VSD), severe supra-valvular pulmonic stenosis (PS), mitral valve dysplasia with related severe dynamic left ventricular outflow tract obstruction, partial rotation of the great vessels group and suspected persistent left cranial vena cava. heart murmur grade 5/6. Poppy will need to be montiored closely for cough, shortness of breath, labored breathing, collapse, exercise intolerance, lethargy, inappetence or abdominal swelling. She will be very sensitive to heat and exercise - it should be avoided.
Medications: None at this time.
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: About 90%
Physical Fence Required: Always preferred, but not required.
Adoption donation:
Prior to applying to adopt Poppy please review our adoption process on our website with rules and process information.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
UPDATE: My Ideal Home: Hello world! My name is Poppy and I am so excited to tell you about myself! i'm looking for my forever home, and I think it'd be great to have some k9 siblings! I play really well with other dogs! I love food and you can get me to do anything for a little treat! Good news is that I sleep great through the night and willingly go into my cage. I am mostly potty trained! I try to let you know that I have to go by whining at the door! I am a little feisty and vocal at time though, for example i will growl a little at another dog if they try to take my bone but I've never got aggressive or tried to start a fight, and I never growl at humans. I don't like being placed on my back, and I don't like my feet touched, my foster family has been working on these issues with me, therefore I am improving. I love to play in the yard and run freely so I really will prefer a fenced yard. I do great with children and I just love to play! I am super sweet & loving but lets not forget that I am a bulldog and am very stubborn. I'm trained to sit and be patient before getting my food, I'm such a good girl! Due to my heart condition, please keep in mind that I get tiered easily and I CANNOT tolerate heat. Otherwise I don't know that I have anything wrong with me! After I get a good play in I love to take a snooze in my bed, the couch, or my crate. I'm so excited to meet my new family! Are you the one?

​Adoptive family must reside close to Columbus area and MedVet to maintain treatments and regular visits to cardiologist. Adopter with prior English Bulldog or dog with similar medical issues preferred.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online