Date Available: Currently Available
Accepting Applications until: TBD
DOB: 01/09/15
Weight: 39lbs
Energy Level: High
Color & Markings: White & Red/Black brindle
Good with other dogs: Yes.
Good with cats: No.

Good with kids: BBR Policy states no children under the age of 8+. Ox likes all people big and small, however only adults will be considered for me.

Object aggression: No aggression, however oral fixation. Please read the bio.
Special Needs: No
Medications: Prozac 20mg, multivitamin, and CBD oil once daily, along with monthly flea/tick, and heart worm prevention
Crate Trained: Yes, however I donā€™t really care for one much. I was gated in a room, but I figured it out. Now I sleep where I want.
House Trained: Yes
Physical Fence Required: No, I really prefer to be as close to my human as I can be.
Adoption donation: $600ā€‹

Hello world! Pleased to meet you. My name is Ox, my foster mom says itā€™s short for Oxston. I may only be 39lbs, but Iā€™m full of energy and, if I may say so myself, Iā€™m quite buff. Iā€™ve been told I could be a bodybuilder, but I donā€™t want to build anything; I just want to be a happy, loving doggie, in my forever home.

My last family took me to the shelter and said they found me as a stray, but when the person at the shelter checked me out, they found my microchip. The truth then came out that I actually belonged to the people who brought me there. I guess they didnā€™t love me anymore. Thatā€™s when BBR stepped in. They took me to the vet and got me all checked up and found the perfect foster home. Sheā€™s helped me so much, but Iā€™m ready to find my home forever!

In order to find out if I can be your forever love, I should tell you a few things about me. I come with some ā€œunique qualitiesā€. I once heard that you should love yourself, all of yourself, even your imperfections. Some might say I have a few imperfections, but if you truly love me, youā€™ll help me work through them. Look at my face, aren't I worth it?

So let me tell you the good, the bad and the ugly.

Wait, thereā€™s nothing ugly here, just cuteness, with a little mischievousness thrown in for excitement. Most importantly, I love to snuggle. If you donā€™t have time for some serious cuddles, then Iā€™m probably not your guy. Like I said before, Iā€™m full of energy, and I like to go on long walks and play. Im good with my 2 foster sisters. One has a lot of sass and Iā€™ve learned to back down from her. I also love car rides, but Iā€™d prefer to be in a crate with a chew toy... which brings us to that other part....I have this thing the doctor called oral fixation. It basically means that when Iā€™m nervous or bored, Iā€™ll hold onto things and donā€™t want to let go. They are like blankets. You have to watch leashes, because I will grab those first. I get my own special walk all to my own though! My foster mom had me in training and we successfully completed it! I still have some hiccups though, especially cans or water bottles. I will snap and hold on to them, not wanting to let them go. Instinct says to rip it away from me, however I need a special home that will be patient and offer me high value treats instead. I also am e collar trained. My foster mom can give you a quick rundown, but it would be best for you to contact a trainer and learn your end of the deal. Iā€™m taking some medicine to help calm me down, but we are working to get me off it. Iā€™m learning that with good training and obedience, things are getting better. Because of this, I do need my forever family to agree to continue training with me. If I get scared or frightened, I may go back to my old habits.

I know that seems like a big deal, but Iā€™ve made so much progress! Every day Iā€™m achieving new goals and learning how to be a pup, by myself, standing tall, and mouth empty. The risks are worth the rewards is something Iā€™ve heard before. I think Iā€™m worth it. Hopefully you do too!

Love~

Ox

Intake info: Ox was surrendered to a local pound as a stray. But when his microchip was run, it was discovered that the people who "found" him were his owners.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.