dixie.jpg

Intake Date: 01/09/2018
Last Update: 2/19/2018
Date Available: 2/19/2018
DOB: 2015
Weight: 47 pounds
Energy Level: Medium
Color & Markings: White & Tan
Good with other dogs: She has not been with other dogs at my house. On intake they said she did not get along with one of their dogs. She should be in a home without dogs. She does like all the attention.
Good with cats: Unknown
Good with kids: The contact she has had at my house has only been with teenagers she is great with them. BBR policy states 8 plus years old. I believe she would do well in a home with older kids.
Object aggression She is not food aggressive at all. She is not toy aggressive but she can get rough playing. She can get very mouthy while playing. She needs to be in a home that has previous bulldog experience. She will try to get nippy when playing. A stern voice of no will get her to calm down.
Special Needs None
Medications: Regular flea & heartworm protection. Optixcare for dry eyes for life.
Crate Trained: Yes, We leave the door open when we are home so she goes in and out as she pleases. We cage her while we work.
House Trained: Yes She goes right to the door. She has from the first day we brought her home.
Physical Fence Required: We have not let her out without being on a leash. I just have a feeling she would be a runner. So if there is not a fence, a running line or tie out would be a must.
Adoption Fee: $600
Prior to applying to adopt Dixie please review our adoption process on our website with rules and process information

Hi, I'm Dixie! I'm settling in well to my foster home. Having a nice warm home with loving parents feels like the perfect place for me. My ideal home would have no other dogs. I am a bit of a queen bee and I don't think any other dogs would enjoy my kingdom.
I love to be outside! I don't even mind the snow. I also love car rides. I'll sometimes jump in the car when my foster parents aren't going anywhere in hopes of convincing them that we need to go somewhere. I also really enjoy sitting by the window and watching the activity of the neighborhood. I don't bark a lot at the coming and goings of the outside world. I'm just a queen, looking over her kingdom.
I'm not much of a cuddler but my foster parents are trying to change that. I like to sit on the couch with them, but at the other end so I can survey the house. My foster mom likes to cook and I've found out that I do not like the sound of the kitchen appliances. I do like the sound of the treat bag opening! I know how to sit and will gladly do so for a treat.
My foster mom comes home on her lunch hour to let me out of my crate to potty. So far the longest I've been in there is 6 hours and I haven't had accidents in that time frame.

View attachment 80123

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Most Reactions