sweetpea.jpg

Intake Date: 8/8/2017
Last Update: 10/12/17
Date Available: 10/12/2017

DOB: unknown
Weight: 40 pounds
Energy Level: Low to Medium
Color & Markings: White with a couple of black spots
Good with other Dogs: No. I have shown aggression towards other dogs in my foster home
Good with Cats: No. I like to chase them!
Good with Kids: BBR policy states only kids 8+. I have not been around kids yet but I've been good with adults. I startle easily and have responded with some aggression so older kids or no kids would be best in my new home.
Object Aggression: I'm willing to share food and water with my foster mate, but I'm unwilling to share affections from humans with other dogs. I will growl and then bite rather than let a person pet me and another dog at the same time. I'm ok with other dogs outside or in a large area environment, but in close quarters I will show signs of aggression.
Special Needs: My foster family believes I am deaf. I only respond to really loud noises. But I will respond to visuals and hand signals. I need unconditional love and human contact, daily facial fold cleaning and a high quality grain free food.
Medications: Tacrolimus ophthalmic ointment every 12 hours for life for dry eye, joint chews daily, regular flea & heartworm protection
Create Trained: Yes, used for sleeping and when my people are not at home; not for punishment. I love to be free!
House Trained: I'm working with my foster mom on this. She has missed some of my signals and I've had some accidents in the house. I was used for breeding so it's hard for me to hold it for a long period of time.
Physical Fence Required: Since it is believed that I'm deaf, I will not hear you if you call for me. Therefore I will either need a fence or I will need to be supervised while outside.
Adoption Donation: $ TBD

Prior to applying to adopt Sweet Pea please review our adoption process on our website with rules and process information.
Adopt a Bulldog

My Ideal Home:I was found roaming the streets with another bully when some kind folks called BBR to rescue me. Everyone thought me and this other guy were bonded but I didn't like him very much. I had surgery on my eyes when the nice people at VCA were taking care of me. But when I went to my foster mom's house, I wouldn't open my eyes. When removing the stitches, it was found that I had an ulcer in my eye and boy did it hurt! Since I am deaf, and was unable to open my eyes, I was very scared. This has since been fixed and I am back to being Sweet Pea! My foster mama has no dogs, so I haven't been around them again now that I'm on the mend. My foster mom does have a cat, and I will chase him. I'm set in my ways and I'm not a fan of things that move fast, so I would prefer to be in a home without children/older children. I love playing with puzzle toys and having treats in my kong. I've got lots of love left to give - are you ready to love a girl like me?

Sweet pea needs a patient home. She has stiffness in her legs and moves slow, especially in the mornings. However she loves to explore! She has a large yard now and likes to walk every inch before going potty, and she will patrol the house when she is inside. We've been working on trust, and she will now come over for pets and love. She is missing some teeth so her tongue hangs out all the time, and it's adorable! She is meeting new people and will come up to check them out/get some love. She gaining trust and living up to my name more and more every day!

Intake info: I was found wandering the streets and the great folks at BBR rescued me so I can find my forever family!

View attachment 80123

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> buckeyebulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Buckeye Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Members online

No members online now.