Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: Roscoe~~Available For Adoption In the New Jersey Area

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Fulshear, Texas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Roscoe~~Available For Adoption In the New Jersey Area

Roscoe is a gentle senior bully boy. He loves to cuddle and be near his people. He is playful but mostly laid back and easy going. He likes to sunbathe and can be very stubborn when it's time to come in. He is a large boy with huge paws but thinks he's a lap baby. He doesn't mind getting a bath and will let you know when it's feeding time. If you're in his favorite chair at bed time he'll sit and stare at you until you get up. He likes to go for walks & get brushed. Roscoe is housebroken and gets along well with other dogs. He's got dry eyes that were never treated, so his eyesight is poor but he gets around fine. He has daily eye drops to help prevent further damage. He is a wonderful, calm boy with a sweet disposition. Not sure how he'd be around cats in a house but he was unfazed by them at the vet.. The only thing we've found Roscoe doesn't like is the vacuum - otherwise He is a wonderful, well behaved bully.
    HOW ROSCOE CAME TO RESCUE: He was surrendered by a family who said they were moving & couldn't take him with them. They said he had no health issues. When Volunteers/foster parents drove to Baltimore to get him, "he was in the garage with a huge, dirty food bowl & icky water. It looked as if he had been left there alone. He was filthy & smelled so bad we stopped & had him bathed. That's when we found out he had bristles from a jute mat stuck between his teeth and his eyes were very dry. When I called the previous vet to get his vac records, they told me they had not seen him since 2008 I took him to our vet & got his shots utd & that's when the vet told me he needed teeth removed, his nasal passages opened, had severe dry eyes, infections in both ears & needed to be neutered. He had to have 6 or 7 teeth removed due to decay; she did a deep clean on his ears but he still needs drops for one side. He has permanent corneal damage & needs drops daily, but he sees pretty good & learned our floor plan quickly- he sure knows where his food bowl & chair are!"
    "I think the owners just couldn't, or didn't want to, take care of him anymore. Either way, I'm glad they surrendered him because he's much healthier and happier now- we've watched him come alive as his ears got better & he eats easier now. He is a real sweetheart- although he will bark when he's drinking & the lab intrudes on his space.
    He's been thru alot but hasn't shown any negative behavior.
    Roscoe's adoption will be limited to the New Jersey, Southeastern PA, Delaware and Maryland area.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Heaven Sent Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet but Doc will be his name
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Roscoe~~Available For Adoption In the New Jersey Area

Picture please

Remove Ads