I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! Edison~~Available English Bulldog for Adoption in Macomb County, Michigan

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Edison_zpsd1eeafd5.jpg

Name: Edison

Reason given up for adoption:
Stray

Temperament:
Good

Health Condition:
Ok

Placement Limitations:
Yes

Special Needs:
Yes

Comments:
Hi everyone, Iā€™m Edison! Iā€™m a senior boy, probably somewhere around 10 years old and I am just the sweetest guy youā€™ll ever meet.

I was found as a stray wandering the streets of Detroit, eating any garbage I could find. When I first came to DBR, I was super skinny but Iā€™m gaining weight now and boy do I love to eat! Iā€™m so happy now that I get food served to me and I donā€™t have to scavenge anymore ā€“ this is the life! I donā€™t really like to be outside for any longer than it takes for me to do my ā€œbusiness.ā€ But can you really blame me after living out on the streets for so long? All I really want is to be inside getting tons of love from my humans. Itā€™s apparent that Iā€™m not used to living inside a house, but I just love being inside and would love to learn to refine my house manners! ;)

After being on my own for so long, I do have some health issues that my friends at DBR are having addressed. One thing is that I only have one functioning kidney, but the vet is keeping a close eye on that and says I could be just fine with one kidney. Being a more mature, distinguished gentleman my legs arenā€™t as good as they used to be, but I get around. Iā€™m just a little wobbly sometimes but I donā€™t mind. I also get daily eye drops for my dry eye and the vision in one of my eyes is about 80% gone. For these reasons, I havenā€™t been able to get neutered yet but as soon as Iā€™m able, I will be!

I am such a sweet boy and Iā€™m hoping to find someone who can look past these few health issues to see how rewarding it would be to provide a loving home for a guy like me. After having to fend for myself for so long, Iā€™d just love to find someone to take care of me in my golden years!

Iā€™m great with other dogs and I LOVE people. Due to living on the streets for so long, I will need to go to a family who is willing to work with me on my house manners. They may be a bit rusty, but Iā€™m willing to learn! It would be awesome if I could find someone whoā€™s home a lot (or even better ā€“ all the time!) to keep an eye on me and help me learn.

I need to go to a home with a fenced-in yard and no children under 8 years old, please.

My adoption fee is $200.00.

Update: I've been ADOPTED!

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Detroit Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.