Looking For Dozer-possibly OK

M

missmybully

Hi! We had our first baby (Dozer) in May of '04. He was a baby bully by the name of Dozer b-day 3-11-2004. weight-70 pounds, white with red brindle patches over the eyes and one on the rump that looks like a mitten.
We were told for many years that we could not have children of our own and had a wonderful surprise! Dozer was always our baby and spoiled rotten! He loved Draven and Draven loved him. Dozer was 70 pounds of pure energy and love and would knock the baby over on accident. We had a fenced in yard and would let Dozer out to run and he loved to run. He thought he was superman and jumped off the retaining wall...causing ACL tear and an expensive surgery.
I then got pregnant again (surprise) and it was a high risk pregnancy. With a baby and one on the way and one that weighed 70 pounds, life got crazy and Dozer didn't the attention he deserved.
My mom got involved (you know how mother's are) and called the bulldog rescue to talk about some options to give him a better home with more attention. We were promised that we would have updates and be able to keep in contact or else we would have NEVER surrendered him. The hardest thing we ever did was surrender him almost 1 year and a half ago. We were promised that we would receive updates since he wasn't neglected and the new family would contact us. She also said that we could call and check up on him and she would tell us when he got adopted. When we called, she would rarely answer. We did hear that a retired couple in Oklahoma adopted him and he would be loved but nothing else. We know giving him up was our choice but we would love to know how he is and that we made the right choice! We've been so upset since we gave him up! I know that it is a stretch but I'm hoping something will come up!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I do hope you find him to hear he is doing okay. I am sure the rescue is not allowed to give out new owners info, but they have no new news? When was he adopted?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope you hear soon. Maybe the rescue has a facebook page, if so post a question there about wanting updates.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Good luck finding out news.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
What rescue was he given to? Have you contacted them?

I know they can't give out information, but I'm sure that they could pass your information on to the new owners and ask them to maybe email or write to you.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. You did what you thought was the best for Dozer and what was the best for your family, so I really hope that you hear some news of how Dozer is living and being loved.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Aww hunny I'm so sorry. The same happened to me with my mastiff. He was adopted out to a great family (I actually met them), they said they would send emails and pictures and I never got any of them :( It's heartbreaking, but I'm sure both of them are very happy and not being neglected. I mean come on...he's a bully. If he's not getting attention he will get his presence know by barking or pawing ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.