Bulldog needs help fast

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
How wonderful that Martin started to feel better :wave5:
What a sweet adorabull boy :heart: I hope he recovers quickly and finds his loving forever family very soon :yes:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Thank you for the update. Very happy to see his recovering. Thank god for rescues and their big hearted volunteers.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Thank God Martin is recovering, this is one Special Boy, he deserves a Wonderful Life where he will be Loved and Pampered. I wish Martin All The Best Life Has To Offer Him, This is One Lucky Guy.

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
I so hope his owners don't claim him. I hope Lonestar will keep us informed, poor baby. I know they will take good care of him.
I'm trying to figure this post out... Why would someone rather a lost dog end up in a rescue as opposed to being reunited with their owner when they find him @ the pound? The fb post didn't mention abuse or neglect to the animal. Did I miss something??

My little bulldog made a sneaky escape through the front door a couple weeks ago and we searched everywhere frantically for him. I soon after called the pound and they gave me the phone # to a person down the road who took him in and waited for us to call in as Diesel didn't have his collar/tags on him (yes, he is micro-chipped).

I don't understand the mindset of a rescue taking him over his loving owners unless it's just a better temporary environment than the pound until the rightful owner can come get him. Am I missing something? This isn't an attacking statement on the original poster, I am just curious and maybe don't understand the process. I would rather my dog end up in a rescue UNTIL I PICK HIM UP instead of the pound where they may euthanize if that's everyone's worry. But if my sneaky escape artist wound up in a rescue and someone else took him home, I'd be heart broken and furious.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm trying to figure this post out... Why would someone rather a lost dog end up in a rescue as opposed to being reunited with their owner when they find him @ the pound? The fb post didn't mention abuse or neglect to the animal. Did I miss something??

My little bulldog made a sneaky escape through the front door a couple weeks ago and we searched everywhere frantically for him. I soon after called the pound and they gave me the phone # to a person down the road who took him in and waited for us to call in as Diesel didn't have his collar/tags on him (yes, he is micro-chipped).

I don't understand the mindset of a rescue taking him over his loving owners unless it's just a better temporary environment than the pound until the rightful owner can come get him. Am I missing something? This isn't an attacking statement on the original poster, I am just curious and maybe don't understand the process. I would rather my dog end up in a rescue UNTIL I PICK HIM UP instead of the pound where they may euthanize if that's everyone's worry. But if my sneaky escape artist wound up in a rescue and someone else took him home, I'd be heart broken and furious.

There is much more information in the post on LoneStar website.... Martin | Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue the bully was sold a few times and never taken care of, he was very sick with lots of issues at only 9 months old. No microchip to contact anyone, and he was held at the pound for over a week with no calls or claims. So, when LoneStar stepped up and took him in... his condition at 9 months old... you really do not want the so called owners back in the picture.

EBN members all do a lot of work with rescues and helping within the EBN community to treat and save the babies we are able to find -- I always think 'these are only the ones that are being found -- what is happening that we do not see or know about?' :(

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
Aaaah.... I missed that part. I just saw the skin issues on the fb post and thought "that's kind of common in this breed". That makes much more sense then! Thanks for explaining. I'd totally agree that he needs a better forever home with a good family then!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Splendid work by Lone Star. When I firsat saw pics of him I was sure he was a senior. To find out that he's as young as reported is startling. Tip my hat to the fine rescue folks in TX!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He looks like a completely different dog now, bless him. He didn't get in the mess he was in overnight and HW positive to boot. Let's hope he finds his forever home soon. I wish I could take him!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I have been keeping up with Martin and he has now gone to his forever home! Wonderful! What a difference between the before and after!

Martin | Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue

God bless you for caring so much & for updating us.

What an unbelievable difference in Martin and such a wonderful ending!

Sure wish all could be rescued, helped & rehomed to loving homes.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow!!! Best update ever ;). And I love that EBN had a small hand in his life change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Wonderful about Martin, such a Lucky Bully he is now. Thank You for updating us about this Precious Boy.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That's about as good as it gets. Great job done by many who really care.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.