found bulldog mix staten island---in daily news today

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
A rapid-transit-loving pooch, who hopped onto a Staten Island bus and almost charmed the driver into a free trip, is waiting for her next ride at the local animal shelter.
The pooch, named Lil Lotta by staffers at NYC Animal Care and Control, appears to be healthy and in good condition, according to spokesman Richard Gentles.
"We think she is owned," said Gentles, noting her white coat was clean.
The 4-year-old American bulldog mix was not wearing a collar when she boarded the S94 bus early Wednesday morning as it stopped to pick up passengers at Richmond Ave. and Deppe Place.
She strutted past more than a dozen stunned passengers and made herself comfortable on the back bench, MTA officials said.
lotta13n-1-web.jpg
[h=4]NYCT[/h][h=4]Lil Lotta likely belongs to someone, animal control says. The microchip under her fur yielded no information because it wasn’t registered.[/h]
Bus operator Deborah Samuels called dispatcher Stuart Schenker to the scene and contacted police. Cops brought the friendly pooch to AC&C’s Staten Island shelter.
"She's a wonderful dog,” said Schenker, who snapped photos of the pup showering Samuels with kisses. “I'm sure there is someone out there who is missing her."
The microchip embedded under her fur did not yield any information because it was never registered, Gentles said.
"We're trying to stress the importance of licensing your dog and registering microchips," said Gentles, who is asking the owner of the pooch to come down to AC&C's Staten Island shelter at 3139 Veterans Road West.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ahhh.... hope she gets home or gets a new home soon

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She's a beauty, hope her owners find her or she gets a new fur-ever home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awww she's precious. I hope they find her owners since they think she's owned and cared for.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Some people are just such big jerks? give the dog away because your pissed off?? Ugh people suck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.