Friends bulldog was stolen

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I'm a fire fighter here in Colorado Springs, I was talking to one of my friends at the station about my newest bully when he informed me that his 15 month old male was stolen from his back yard. I guess when he reported it the cops said it was the 4th bulldog in our area in the last few months.
He is chipped but that's only good if the idiot who took him takes him to a vet. But he was probably sold out of state.

Ill try to get some pictures and more info.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: oh man their has been way to many bully stolen I'm thinking about getting that new collar that's a GPS just incase anything were to happen (knock on wood) I hope he finds the people that is doing this my prayers are with him an his family

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Oh man, what a sad situation. I hope that microchip checks out!!

@loveabully, to play devil's advocate, how would that work? I feel like most dogs that are stolen are given a new collar, or none at all, so that they look a little different when people are looking for them. (Description wise: brindle with red collar, etc)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh that's the biggest fear I have. Was it stolen from the backyard? I have friends down in Pueblo too if you get a picture posted and other info I can email them to keep an eye out. I'll get the word out in this area too. I'll be checking back later for info.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I just hope that the chip has been REGISTERED, so many dogs get chipped but for whatever reason, they dont get registered with the proper information. Now the good news --

SPCA picked up a lab that had been registered to me years ago - they called from Central Pennsylvania - and the chip company found me (in delaware) (Even though I didnt pay for the service after rehoming the lab - the new owners were to update his registration, and I guess never did).

Make sure that you

Report the dog missing TO THE CHIP COMPANY - with all of his information

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My biggest worry. I am over paranoid about keeping our babies hidden for this reason. I hope he finds his baby, so heartbreaking.

OP
Tank1023

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], he was in fact stolen from the back yard. His name is Chubby, he's red/white. Talked to my friend again this morning to get him to email me a picture. My heart breaks for him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Has your friend ever posted here before? The name Chubby just sounds familiar. What vet does he use? I’d be letting the Vets in the area know too. I would love to leave my doggie door open so Wilson can go outside but theft is the only reason I don’t. I’m really sorry for your friend and his family, breaks my heart too just thinking about it. :(

He could set up a facebook page too? I’ve seen that done and it could help as it’ll reach many areas across the country.

I’ll check back later for a picture and contact info.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I worry about this contstantly in our area. Its so rural they could take them anywhere and no one would see them. I guess thats why Im iffing when answering peoples questions about the bullies. But I make sure to say that I have Spina Bifida babies that wear diapers 24/7 so they think all mine are like that. Less chance of someone taking them i guess. Who wants to change diapers lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Please post the pictures so we can posts on FB, and such. ALl the info you can get would be great! Oh I hope he is found very soon!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: some people are stupid an probably keep the collar an you can track it to their house of if they throw it away you can track it to were it was dropped an start from there any thing is better than nothing I think

OP
Tank1023

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Ok, I sent my friend the link to this thread so he can get all your great suggestions.
Here are two pictures of chubby

chubby.jpgchubby1.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We also need contact info and some details about Chubby, such as unique markings, approx weight, etc. Once we get those, we'll send out a mass email to our members.

Your friend must be devastated. :(

OP
Tank1023

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I'm hoping he will post here but this is what I know
Chubby
40lbs
Red/White
He said he has a tender right leg, so when he streaches he points it straight back.
Mike's email [email protected]
Stolen from the Colorado Springs, Colorado area
He does have a micro-chip

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online