Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dear Mabel,
I don't even have the words to say how much it hurts not having you here. When I think back on all the times you pawed at my hand to get me to keep scratching your belly and I told you I was busy doing something, I wish with all my heart that I could go back and put down what seemed so important so I could love you a little more. I stand outside every night looking over the parking lo...
t where I last saw you and willing you to come running across the pavement toward me. I miss rubbing your paws and your back, nuzzling my face against yours, cleaning the little dimple between your eyes with my finger, kissing you a thousand times. I wish so much that I could kiss you a thousand more. I miss playing fetch and tug-of-war, the way you cling to your toys so tightly until Marley grabs the other end, the way you follow her before gently letting go so she won't fall from pulling so hard. I miss the two of you together, your patience and tolerance when she squeezes you a little too tight, and the little kisses you give her when you want her to squeeze you a little tighter. I miss your sharp little barks when we don't feed you fast enough, and the way you demand a full bowl of water just so you can paw it all over the kitchen floor. I miss the way you sleep against my legs at night, wiggling your precious face into the back of my knee until it's just right for you to go to sleep. I miss poking at your dry little tongue when you fall asleep with it hanging out of your mouth, and I miss the way you run around the house in a frenzy right when we're ready to go to bed, throwing yourself so hard against the back of the couch that you bounce off again. I miss watching you jump when a plastic bag makes noise, or at a folded lawn chair, or when a piece of furniture isn't in the same place you remember. I miss the way you steal items that look good for chewing and then hide them between your paws and lay your head over them when you get caught. I miss you Mabel. I feel like I failed you. I made you a promise that we were going home, that things would be better and everything would be familiar again, that your allergies would get better when we left the place where they started. I replay that day over in my mind a hundred times each day and I can think of so many things I should have done differently. We should have kept going, we should have used a drive-thru, I should have checked on you more, eaten faster, eaten less, left sooner. I should have been there for you and I wasn't. I was enjoying a meal with the rest of your family while you were alone and terrified, taken by strangers who didn't care at all about what you felt, wanted, or needed. I'm so sorry baby. I am sorry that I wasn't there when I should have been and I'm sorry that you and Marley are suffering for my mistakes. She asks me everyday where you are and sometimes wakes up crying and saying your name. I don't know if you can feel what I'm sending to you, but if you can, know this: I'm coming for you. I will not stop until I find you. I won't ever give up looking so don't ever give up hoping. I love you so very much. Your Daddy and Baby love you so very much. We are all doing everything we possibly can to find you and bring you home. Please, just stay safe until we get to you. No matter how far, or how long, or how rough the journey, I know that you are at the end of it and we will push on. I love you my Mooshimus and I'll do whatever it takes to get you back so we can all be a family again...
Love always and forever,
Mama
mable.jpg

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Just the thought of this makes me feel physically sick ... my whole heart aches for them!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Did you check with the police to see if they took her sometimes when people see a dog in the car they call the police an they come an take the dog It's just a thought I'm glad you microchiped her . I really hope you find your babygirl. Our prayers are with you ! I hope you find the people that did this an :bitchslap: them with jail time

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh this is so awful. i can feel their pain. gosh i hope they find her. :cry:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
mabel has been missing from my parent's hometown in ohio for almost a month unfortuntely :(

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
this is awful, I hope she comes home soon :( praying for them and her safety.

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
I grew up in New Castle, PA. I feel for them. I'm sitting here crying. I literally poked my bully girls dry little tongue tip while she was sleeping before reading this. No one that could steal a dog knows about love. If they did, they'd never sleep at night. I'm so very sorry for Mabel's family. And I'm so very hopeful for Mabel. It is heart breaking to think what they are feeling. I hope she is able to come home.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Ahhhh this is heart breaking!!! I can't even imagine what this family is going through!! I hope that Mable is returned safe to her family very very soon!!! :cry::crying::*(

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
This was posted on Mabel's Facebook page. they found her!!!!

[h=6]The moment is finally here! I am happy to report that I am currently driving back to Youngstown because Mabel has been found! A woman called today and said she purchased Mabel for $500 from a guy in Columbus. She saw Mabel's picture on Craigslist and called me immediately. Once we verified Mabel's chip (thank you Paulina and Canine Crusaders), Mary Dump arranged to have her transported back to Youngstown (thank you Mary) and she is currently on her way. I should be back by Friday and will spend that evening making sure Mabel is okay. On Saturday, I would like to invite all of you to meet Mabel. I haven't decided where yet but I will figure that out in the morning and let everyone know. Thank you all so much for everything! I won't say too much now because it's going to take me a little time to put my gratitude into words. Instead, I want everyone to rest easy tonight because Mabel is safe and will soon be back with her family! :-) :-) :-)[/h]

Gizmom

Jul 29, 2012
Connecticut
Bulldog(s) Names
Emily Louise, Bowzer Bramblemitts (02/05/2001 - 06/14/2012)
That is excellent news! So glad that they found her!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Woo Hoo! So glad she has been found! This story causes tears of joy AND goose bumps! Wonderful day for Mabel and her family! :) :) :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.