cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=4670]Dove7[/MENTION], i want to give you some of this too: :hug::hug::hug: , from Tate, Finn , and me. Know that you have all our support here on this board. We are your friends and care very much. Be gentle with yourself.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Condolences [MENTION=4670]Dove7[/MENTION]. Time will ease your pain -- but it doesn't make it any easier, does it? Take care.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not knowing makes it so much harder to move on, this I know. We will pray that she did not suffer if she moved on to rainbow bridge, or that she is with a family who has no Internet but gives her the love she deserves. One of my friends got her bulldog back after being missing for 2 years. They brought her to the vet for routine shots and they matched her photo up with the missing dog, scanned her microchip to find it was her. Mind you, she was stolen from them. So you never know. Of course by then she had moved on, but once she found her, let's just say miracles can happen.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
:heart::hug:from us in Spokane!! I am sorry for your loss.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh hugs!!!! I was SO hoping for a good outcome with all the coverage you were getting. Thank you for the update anyhow, we have all been hoping for the best. These bullies are our babies and losing them is never easy. :( How is Adam doing physically? Many have adopted rescues after losing their lifelong mates and it seems to help them. Maybe something to think about down the road...

OP
D

Dove7

Apr 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
His Royal Thickness Sir Buddy 'Harely' & Eva (RIP)
Oh my gosh hugs!!!! I was SO hoping for a good outcome with all the coverage you were getting. Thank you for the update anyhow, we have all been hoping for the best. These bullies are our babies and losing them is never easy. :( How is Adam doing physically? Many have adopted rescues after losing their lifelong mates and it seems to help them. Maybe something to think about down the road...

I was hoping for the same, but the evidence is such that we just can't justify continuing the search. Adam is recovering very well. He's such a quick healer. He's got a long way to go yet, but he's doing so well. Mostly he's depressed. He feels useless. He was out of work for a while before the accident and so excited to be starting a new job in California. Then the accident happened and he is still out of work and not able to walk. He was very hopeful that we'd find Eva... We are definitely going to consider adopting. We did have someone offer to give us one of their pups next time they breed, but it's going to be a while before that happens. Adam isn't physically able to take care of a dog right now and I will be moving around quite a bit before October for some training for my job, so we will be keeping in mind a new bully when we finally get settled and Adam heals more.

OP
D

Dove7

Apr 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you everyone for the hugs. :) Bully owners are a special kind and I've learned more and more of how dilligent and loving you are through our search for Eva.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh gosh I'm so so sorry. I too was hoping for better news and came real close to posting here a few days ago but didn't want to open any wounds so to speak. I am glad to hear that Adam is healing though. It sounds like it's been, and is going, to be a hard road for him for a while. A loss like this is tough to get through and one I pray I never have to experience. :( You have every right to be selfish, sad, depressed, etc. but I agree with you that it's time to move on. Hang in there, you'll guys will get through this. Why things happen the way they do in life is confusing to me at times. Thank you so much for the update. Again, I'm very sorry for all you two have had to endure.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am glad he is at least healing ok. Hard to not be depressed in his situation I am sure, let alone losing his baby. Maybe once you r able to help take care of another bully that would certainly help cheer his spirits even tho it won't heal his broken heart. Where in California r you? Welcome, there r many of us here.

OP
D

Dove7

Apr 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I am glad he is at least healing ok. Hard to not be depressed in his situation I am sure, let alone losing his baby. Maybe once you r able to help take care of another bully that would certainly help cheer his spirits even tho it won't heal his broken heart. Where in California r you? Welcome, there r many of us here.

Unfortunately, we are not in California. Adam was on his way to Vandenburg for a job when he was involved in the accident in Oklahoma. We won't be making it to California now. He will probably be taking a job in Oklahoma now that I know that's where I will be stationed next.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Unfortunately, we are not in California. Adam was on his way to Vandenburg for a job when he was involved in the accident in Oklahoma. We won't be making it to California now. He will probably be taking a job in Oklahoma now that I know that's where I will be stationed next.

I was out of town and missed this. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you all. Where will you be stationed in Oklahoma? Just curious, my husband is the state commander for the Disabled American Veterans.

OP
D

Dove7

Apr 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
I was out of town and missed this. I am so sorry. My heart breaks for you all. Where will you be stationed in Oklahoma? Just curious, my husband is the state commander for the Disabled American Veterans.

We will be at Altus AFB. Very excited about the change.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
We will be at Altus AFB. Very excited about the change.

Aww mannn, I was hoping you guys would be at Tinker. The house I'm buying is like 15 minutes away from there. Has anyone talked to you about Adam getting VA disability? In Oklahoma, a 100% disabled vet gets tax exemption, property tax exemption, no sales tax stuff on buying vehicles. The VA paid for my college all the way up until med school. My kids get 4 yrs free college. We also get ChampVA.I know you guys have a TON going on right now but VA claims take forever and they will find every reason to try to screw you. Once the disability goes through he'll receive a back paycheck. Most times for quite a bit. Also, make sure you document everything in your records. If you stub your toe, get it documented. Papercut, get it documented. Sounds silly but you'll be surprised what can pop up later on. My hubs has a lot of issues that arose yrs later but it was due to larium, the anti-malaria pill. I know you guys have a lot going on right now but if you ever have any questions or concerns please ask. I'm full of info on Va and disability stuff. There is alot that Adam could be entitled to that could really help you guys out.

OP
D

Dove7

Apr 9, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww mannn, I was hoping you guys would be at Tinker. The house I'm buying is like 15 minutes away from there. Has anyone talked to you about Adam getting VA disability? In Oklahoma, a 100% disabled vet gets tax exemption, property tax exemption, no sales tax stuff on buying vehicles. The VA paid for my college all the way up until med school. My kids get 4 yrs free college. We also get ChampVA.I know you guys have a TON going on right now but VA claims take forever and they will find every reason to try to screw you. Once the disability goes through he'll receive a back paycheck. Most times for quite a bit. Also, make sure you document everything in your records. If you stub your toe, get it documented. Papercut, get it documented. Sounds silly but you'll be surprised what can pop up later on. My hubs has a lot of issues that arose yrs later but it was due to larium, the anti-malaria pill. I know you guys have a lot going on right now but if you ever have any questions or concerns please ask. I'm full of info on Va and disability stuff. There is alot that Adam could be entitled to that could really help you guys out.

I wish I was going to Tinker! But Tinker is only about an hour or so from Altus, right? Adam did apply for VA disability only recently, so it will be a while before it all gets processed. I don't think he'll be considered 100% disabled, but he certainly had a lot going on for him. They have his medical records, but what else can we do? I can use all the information I can get! What is ChampVA? Whatever benefits he can get will certainly help. He can't work and it will probably be quite a while longer before he is able to, so right now it's just me trying to take care of things. But he has 3 children that he isn't able to send child support for right now. I wish I had it to send. I know they're struggling. I'm keeping up their insurance, which is about the most I can cover right now. What do you mean by "document" anything that goes wrong? Just write it down? Or document by seeing a doctor? I just find it hard to believe that anyone would take a hand-written list of ailments serious when considering benefits, but if you say they do, I WILL do it! lol Should Adam continue to document things like that even though he has already applied for VA disability? Thank you so much for your help!!

Most Reactions