NO LONGER AVAILABLE ~ANGEL~ English Bulldog Available for Adoption - In Foster Care and Needs HELP!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
cache_4211406953.jpg

Angel is a Shelter Pull
Intake date: 01/26/15
Last Update: 03/24/15
email:[email protected]
Weight: 45 lbs.
Energy Level: Medium High
Color: Brindle
Good with dogs: Not really
Good with cats: Unknown
Good with kids: Enjoys being around them
Object Aggression: None noted yet
Special Needs: None
Medications: Optimune eye ointment twice daily; monthly heartworm and flea preventative
Crate Trained: No
House Trained: No
Adoption Fee: $350
Shipping: IBR does not ship bullies

BIO:

Angel has lived a hard life. She was found as a stray and has the appearance of a dog that has lived outside and been neglected. It is apparent she has had multiple litters of puppies. She is grossly underweight. Her fur is brittle and thin. Her eyes are dry and filled with infection. Both ears are dirty. She has nasal discharge and sneezes a lot. Her facial folds and tail folds are dirty, but thankfully not infected. She seems arthritic. Her breath is bad and her teeth are worn.

Angel is hungry, sad and doesn't feel well. And we love her.

Upon arrival into her foster home, Angel was immediately given a bath. This alone perked her up. She must have known things were only going to get better. She was then taken to the vet, where it was noted she has an ulcer in one eye and dry eye in the other. She will be on two eye ointments and have a recheck in two weeks. She also has an upper respiratory infection and an upset tummy. She is on two antibiotics. She will be spayed as soon as she gets some good nutrition and gains some weight.

Angel has had her skin folds cleaned, ears cleaned, medications started and is being fed big bowls of quality food. She is so very thankful for all of her supporters! She has a long road ahead of her but with help, it will be easier.

FEBRUARY UPDATE: What a difference being cleaned up and cared for has made in Angel! Turns out when she feels like herself she has quite a bit of energy. She is not house or crate trained. She seems to really enjoy kids but not so much other dogs.

Angel was spayed at the beginning of February. During the spay, her vet noted that one of her ovaries was abnormally enlarged. It was removed and sent to be tested for cancer cells, but we are still awaiting results. Unfortunately her spay incision opened up the day after and she had to go back in to have it closed again.

Angel will be recovering in her foster home from the surgery and learning to be a pampered pooch while we wait to see what the vet says about her ovary. She is not quite ready to start finding her furever home yet.

MARCH UPDATE: Angel is doing well and really getting used to her foster home! She is up about 8 pounds and is starting to show a little personality. Some of her favorite things include treats, naps and giving lots of kisses to her foster parents.

Angel loves to bark at anything that moves outside and run up to people to get attention. She will show you she wants you to pet her by pawing at you. She loves laying around the house, but also gets excited to go on trips. She even has gotten a little spring in her step and is working on learning some basic commands!

APRIL UPDATE: Angel is gaining weight and feeling better every day. She loves her people and will never turn down pets or belly rubs. She thinks they're the best part of being a pampered bullie girl!

We believe all of Angel's medical issues are now cleared up. She will still need eye ointment twice daily for the rest of her life, but her infections are gone and her coat is soft and healthy now thanks to proper diet. She is ready to start looking for her furever family. She has so much love to share!

MAY UPDATE: Angel is doing great and just waiting on her furever home! As she has started to feel better, her true diva personality is shining through. She is full of love and wants nothing more than to spend time around her people.

Please consider sponsoring Angel's medical care while she is in rescue. If you are interested in making Angel a member of your family, please mention her by name when filling out an adoption application.

HOW TO ADOPT:

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> indianabulldogrescue.com

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Indiana Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Attachments

• angel2.jpg
    angel2.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 805

dogfather

Apr 17, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster & Princess Elsa
Angel is still looking for her fur-ever home!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
She is Beautiful, but as it read she is not good with dogs and I have 8. Love and Prayers to this Beauty.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
What a sweet little girl:luv:
Yes, as it read she wants to be an onlyprincess...:girlyes:
I hope sweet Angel will find her loving forever home very soon:pray:
I love her silverwhite eyebrows! She is so cute:heart:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It breaks my heart to have to type this but the same week they put Angel up for adoption the doctors found a massive growth between her stomach and her bladder and it's cancerous. She will be living her life out with her foster parents. :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor sweet baby girl... I hope they spoil her with tons of love every second of the day

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
This is so sad news :cry:

Dear sweet Angel, I hope with all my heart that every day of your remaining days is a wonderful, happy, special day...I'm sure you get spoiled every day and are shown how much loved you are. You are not alone, you are a (foster)family member now. You are safe. You are loved.
Sweet little bully girl, you are in my heart and in my thoughts and prayers.
:lubu:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online