I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~~Elvis~~ English bulldog available for adoption in Indiana (Love the name!!)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
elvis EB IBR.jpg

Meet Elvis -

Elvis is an owner surrender
Intake Date:
Today's Date: 5-17-13
email:[email protected]
Weight: 59lbs
Energy Level: Med High
Color: Mostly white with other markings
Good with Dogs: Yes
Good with Cats: Unknown
Good with Kids: Unknown
Object agression: Food and water bowl, and what he thinks is his "area"
Special Needs: None
Medications: Ear drops and ointment for his wrinkles, once a day
Crate Trained: Yes
House Trained: Yes
Adoption Fee: $550
Shipping: IBR does not ship bullies

Elvis is a 4 year old, very strong male. He loves his walks and loves to go for a BIG one. Elvis was surrendered from a family with a toddler with whom Elvis got along nicely. Elvis likes to be a lap dog, but is still letting us get to know a new part of him each day. Slowly but surely, this lovable boy is coming out of his shell!

Elvis thinks the bathroom is "his area" and loves to go in there. His bowls are in there and he guards the door so my dog, Kirby, won't go in there. He has shown a slight protective behavior of his territory by standing in the way of the bathroom, but he is not physically aggressive to Kirby nor I. I think Elvis would be great as the only dog in the home, but he does a good job at tolerating Kirby!
Elvis is a great walker, great territory-marker (ha ha!), and so very strong. The first nights I had him, we went on at least 30 minute, high-speed walks so I could get his energy out. We continue to walk every day--he definitely needs this and enjoys this. Elvis doesn't seem to be food-motivated, but loves to get a milkbone every now and then. He goes into his cage willingly and doesn't whine or make any messes. No toys have really interested him until tonight, he finally grabbed a string bone and went to town! He's a good boy and just wants some loving so we are giving him as much as we can until he finds his loving forever home!

Mention Elvis by name when filling out an adoption application
July Update:
Elvis is quite comfortable in his foster home! He has come out of his shell and shown his personality a lot. I'm happy he feels so comfortable here! He still loves to go on long walks and he has started playing with his foster brother, Kirby, much more often! Sometimes, Elvis gets confused with what is playing and what is,let's just say, "dominant playing"! He still shows no aggression with food or toys, and let's us know when he needs to go out...he is very vocal with his whines and cries and yelps! But I appreciate him letting me know. Elvis has lost a little weight and is on a grain-free diet. He loves it! He used to not care about meal time and now he literally salivates. I have also added a pumpkin digestive supplement to his meals and he loves that, too...he is wearing is on his nose after each meal.

Elvis definitely still needs to be the only dog in his forever home. He does not have a liking for big dogs, and even sometimes smaller dogs bring out the aggression, but he has never done that with Kirby; he knows Kirby is his buddy and brother and behaves wonderfully. He actually lets Kirby be top dog in the home. Elvis is anxiously awaiting to find his forever family..he is full of love and ready to settle in! Until then, we'll continue to enjoy his stay with us. :)October Update:
Elvis has adjusted very comfortably to his foster home and has made some awesome progress. A few times he has been around other (bigger) dogs and fit in just fine without being aggressive. His foster mom has noticed that perhaps it is when she's around, as though he is protecting her. But, it's great to know that he went to another IBR volunteer's home and fit right in without any problems around her dogs! His foster mom still believes Elvis would be an amazing only dog in the home, but thinks if you are interested in adopting him and are worried about your current dog being in harm, you should try it out and see if he works with your family. She thinks Elvis is a good adjuster... he just kind of adapts to whatever he is put into and is satisfied. He has never been aggressive to his foster brother, even when Kirby is snippy to him a few times. He's still awaiting his forever home, but his foster mom has a feeling this little sweetie won't be with Kirby and her much longer!

HOW TO ADOPT:

contact them:
[email protected]

You need to have an adoption application on file before contacting them through email.

Follow this link to fill out an adoption application: http://www.indianabulldogrescue.com/adoption-application/

To view more English Bulldogs for adoption through Indiana Bulldog Rescue, click this link below:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ulldog-rescue/

Be sure to tell them you found them on English Bulldog News!! :)

Last edited:
OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Still looking for his fur-ever home

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.