MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
lottielu.jpg

Hello, friends! My name is Lottie Lucille and I am estimated to be around 7 years old. My name has a special meaning because I am an extra special girl ā€“ Lottie means freedom and Lucille means light. I was given this name by my foster mama when I came to live with her from an underground puppy mill. It was literally underground in a bunker ā€“ dark, zero ventilation, horrific. But thatā€™s enough about that. The only direction I am looking now is forward, and let me tell you, things are definitely looking up for me. Iā€™ve never felt so good or been so loved in my entire life.
I am estimated to be about 7 years old. I weigh 47lbs and am trim. Itā€™s the perfect weight for me! I had my tail amputated about a month ago ā€“ it was causing me a great deal of pain every minute of every day. We had no choice but to get rid of it, and I cannot express how much better I feel now. I am so thankful to be without the constant pain. I am all healed up and my foster mama tells me I have the most beautiful behind in the Midwest! Now that weā€™ve resolved the chronic tail infections by removing it altogether, I donā€™t have any remaining health issues. I do seem to have some arthritis ā€“ I move slowly, especially when I first get up from a nap. I can get up on furniture, but itā€™s not always graceful. My foster mama has me on glucosamine for it. Itā€™s just typical 7-year-old-bulldog type stuff.
Now letā€™s talk about my personality. I have come a loooooong way, but I am still a bit unsure of myself. After being beaten down for years in the mill, I am just now learning that I am worthy of all this love. Donā€™t get me wrong, I soak it all up like a sponge! I LOVE to be loved and absolutely crave the affection from my foster family and anyone who will take the time to acknowledge me. My foster mama has a theory that I was once in a home that didnā€™t hurt me, because I am so ready to be loved. Who knows how I ended up in that horrible puppy mill ā€“ Iā€™m the only one that knows, and I am keeping the details of my story close to the vest. I absolutely, without a doubt, ADORE my toddler foster siblings of the human variety. They are very gentle with me and love me. I welcome their kisses, hugs, and pats with open arms. I love everyone and everything I have encountered since being rescued. I canā€™t get enough affection. I also have two furry foster siblings, both male bulldogs, and I do GREAT with them as well. I am very easy to get along with.
I sleep a lot. I love to be outside where I can breathe the fresh air when itā€™s not too hot. I didnā€™t eat very well when I was rescued, but I have gradually realized that meal time is awesome! Just in the last week or so I have started to eat 100% of my meals without my foster mom having to beg or hand feed me, piece by piece. I sleep in my foster parentsā€™ bedroom on a double stacked dog bed next to my bulldog foster brothers, and I donā€™t make a peep all night. When my foster family is gone to work, etc., I hang out in my crate. I donā€™t have accidents in the house except when my humans are gone (this is very impressive for a mill dog), hence the crate. I do still have accidents in my crate when they leave me, but I continue to work VERY hard to overcome this habit.
My foster mama has tears in her eyes as she writes this for me because she canā€™t imagine letting me go when I am adopted by my very own forever family. I told her not to worry because I will pick the BEST family and I know she will always love me. If you think you might be the perfect family to love me forever, please fill out an application! I canā€™t wait to meet you and show you how much love I have in me, despite my unimaginable past. Until then, Iā€™ll be soaking up all the love in my foster home!
Love,
Lottie Lucille (a.k.a. Lottie Lu)

Lottie Luā€™s adoption fee is: $550

HOW TO ADOPT:

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> ilenglishbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Illinois English Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.